On a bike path

M

Member 28982

What do you suppose this means in relation to motorized bicycles?

Attachments

• 20190513_175113_HDR-1.jpg
    20190513_175113_HDR-1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 151
Yeah, it's been my experience that people won't appreciate you riding a gas-powered bike on paths like those, even if you keep it under 20MPH. Folks are gonna yell at you and curse your audacity and maybe call the cops, even if it was 100% legal. Ride at your own risk!

Well, it doesn't say motorized bicycle? And it's not clearly noted as a motor vehicle either so it's a hybrid? And maybe they're referring to motorized golf carts or ATV varieties but I don't see motor bicycle on there anywhere LOL.
It's on the road called W. Palmetto Park and we're in Boca Raton Florida.
Keep in mind there's no sidewalk or bike lane except for this 7 foot wide path covered in Asphalt for at least eight miles west to east. And it's also called The Pedestrian and bicycle path correct LOL
And also I don't think a bicycle is classified as a vehicle.?

Not sure about the laws pertaining to motorized bicycles but no law enforcement in the areas I have travelled have glanced at me twice except to smile about the beautiful craftsmanship. LOL and mechanical engineering haha

Attachments

• 20190515_154418-1.jpg
    20190515_154418-1.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 120
Well, it doesn't say motorized bicycle? And it's not clearly noted as a motor vehicle either so it's a hybrid? And maybe they're referring to motorized golf carts or ATV varieties but I don't see motor bicycle on there anywhere LOL.
It's on the road called W. Palmetto Park and we're in Boca Raton Florida.
Keep in mind there's no sidewalk or bike lane except for this 7 foot wide path covered in Asphalt for at least eight miles west to east. And it's also called The Pedestrian and bicycle path correct LOL
And also I don't think a bicycle is classified as a vehicle.?
i would still lol, but your in florda, so laws are diffrent.
if your a rebal, just do it and dont draw attention to your self

Well it does say bicycle path. You could put a rocket motor on a bicycle it's still a bicycle 1st and foremost. Just changes to a rocket powered bicycle. You still have pedals so if your pedaling what is propelling the bike? A huge conundrum for a cop.

The city i live in, the police, a few of them, told me that with the engine, i cannot ride the bike paths in town.
I'd have to remove the engine and peddle they said. So i just ride the street really slow :D

Back