On a bike path

Weather your bike is 49cc or not tell the park cop it's 49cc pedal assisted and EXEMPT go study your code book.

Ahh, Florida....

Well, it doesn't say motorized bicycle? And it's not clearly noted as a motor vehicle either so it's a hybrid? And maybe they're referring to motorized golf carts or ATV varieties but I don't see motor bicycle on there anywhere LOL.
It's on the road called W. Palmetto Park and we're in Boca Raton Florida.
Keep in mind there's no sidewalk or bike lane except for this 7 foot wide path covered in Asphalt for at least eight miles west to east. And it's also called The Pedestrian and bicycle path correct LOL
And also I don't think a bicycle is classified as a vehicle.?

I spose in your case yeah, you could prolly ride that path. It's Florida, they let it all hang out there. I rode the Santa Ana River Trail in SoCal in '08 with my first build and got cursed at in areas there were people walking. Even at 20MPH, engine chugging quietly at 3600RPM with me pedaling a 46-11, once people turned around and I went past they'd get mad. A Lycra Mafia-type guy once passed me and told me to get my illegal s**t off the trail. It got to the point I couldn't take the same way twice at same times because bums that lived on the trail would randomly throw s**t at me. I started seeing more glass on the trail, went back to the streets.

Y
Ahh, Florida....

I spose in your case yeah, you could prolly ride that path. It's Florida, they let it all hang out there. I rode the Santa Ana River Trail in SoCal in '08 with my first build and got cursed at in areas there were people walking. Even at 20MPH, engine chugging quietly at 3600RPM with me pedaling a 46-11, once people turned around and I went past they'd get mad. A Lycra Mafia-type guy once passed me and told me to get my illegal sh*t off the trail. It got to the point I couldn't take the same way twice at same times because bums that lived on the trail would randomly throw sh*t at me. I started seeing more glass on the trail, went back to the streets.
A personally I hate bike trails they are way to slow they delibertly put in 45% to 90% turns and the people often suck and they get too damn freaky trying to corner you to vomit on you.

Ha there's another one called el Trio Trail or something like that and it's like a 20 Mile Trail anyway it has those same signs on it and I don't haul ass down it just you know Cruz about 15-20 but with the muffler baffle out it's really loud but here in Florida usually people just are more amused with the look of a motorized bicycle than the actual loudness of it and few people have given me problems about it but in Florida we have iguanas all over the place and if you're riding too closely to a canal it's likely one of them is going to run out in front of you and you're going to run over or Pierce A Tire on it's scales and possibly wreck because they get pretty big LOL anyways besides the rude people on the roadway when you drive a vehicle that's why you need your motorized bike to be as loud as possible so everybody hears you before they see you. LOL

I rode the Erie canal towpath trail 13miles and they have same signs. I rode it full speed before the sun came up but soon as light came there were ppl walking dogs and joggers and I got sideways sneers even I shut it down and peddled and was embarrassed for the drive chain noise in this peaceful, beautiful path. ashamed I noise polluted the area.
peddle 76lbs, chain bogging u 5 or 6 miles. be glad you come to a road again.
pop the clutch, peg it to cruising speed again! hahaha

What do you suppose this means in relation to motorized bicycles?
in West Virginia the MVA told me if it was a motor vehicle I would be required to have tag ins. etc she said it's a motor ized vehicle and therefore legal to ride the bike paths and trails. Also advised to go easy as to respect others and if I got a ticket take it to court and point out the law. Tom

There are paved paths by the canals all around here, they all have a sign that says "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES". So far no one has said a word, technically speaking it's an assisted bicycle (that can do double the rated speeds for it but whatever) but I make a point to not be an ass when I go past people.

I ride just about every day on the bike path where i live. never had one complaint probably because i shut off my engine when Im passing someone. the sign on the trail also says no motor vehicles but ive never had complaints. My tip is to ride when there arent many people walking on it so nobody will really bug you about it

In New Mexico the law states that motorized bicycles are classified as bicycles. It does not mention anything about engine size at all. I posted a link to the book in the state laws thread. So I'm curious about my state laws. As I read it, as long as it doesn't have a transmission and working pedals I can whatever size engine and it is still legal. But on a pedestrian trail, I would only run the engine when no one is around, out of respect.

Back