On a bike path

Ha there's another one called el Trio Trail or something like that and it's like a 20 Mile Trail anyway it has those same signs on it and I don't haul ass down it just you know Cruz about 15-20 but with the muffler baffle out it's really loud but here in Florida usually people just are more amused with the look of a motorized bicycle than the actual loudness of it and few people have given me problems about it but in Florida we have iguanas all over the place and if you're riding too closely to a canal it's likely one of them is going to run out in front of you and you're going to run over or Pierce A Tire on it's scales and possibly wreck because they get pretty big LOL anyways besides the rude people on the roadway when you drive a vehicle that's why you need your motorized bike to be as loud as possible so everybody hears you before they see you. LOL
Lizard pierce a tire, that's a tuff lizard navy cook me up one for my last meal attach with let's make a crooked deal!
I couldn't eat it stunk like reptilian.

I live in FL as well and it is 100% illegal to ride a MB on any state bike trail. You can ride an electric bike there, but NOT a gas bike no matter what CC/size/speed. Turning it off whenever you pass someone would be great common courtesy, and a quieter and slower 4stroke would be a better choice, but still technically illegal to have it on the bike paths. The trails are built mainly for recreation, not transportation lanes, and they are all over the state with plans to connect many of them in the future into a giant state wide bicycle/pedestrian trail network.

A few years back my wife and I would ride one of the local trails once a week on pedal bikes and it was great. Smooth paved roads, plenty of shade from trees, and many rest stops to take a break along the way. It's mostly people out exercising or taking their kids out for some quiet fresh air on roller blades, skateboards, and bicycles all doing 5-10mph. Not really a good place for motorized bicycles to be flying around.

im in FL as well and as long as your not being a nuisance to people and just respecfully follow the rules of the road and dont bring any more attention to yourself than these bikes already do i havent had any complaints or trouble and i ride my bike everywhere literally across fields, on sidewalks that are unoccupied, bike lanes of all kinds, and even if theres not much traffic i get on the highways i can keep up with 60mph and i park it in front of most places i go most people just admire it ask how fast is it and if i can build one for them lol

Everyone asks where did you buy it lol. Tell them I built it and can you build me one comes next. Here in Delaware most people hate motorcycles but love these bikes. People wave or give a thumbs up all the time. Makes me feel better about people. That's a big reason why I'm addicted to them.

Bicycles are classified as vehicles just not motor vehicles. I think that's right in most states from what I read. Why does that matter I have no idea, just thought of it.

Yes. In my state a bicycle must have a headlight, a tail light, at least one brake, AND A HORN OR BELL AUDIBLE 100 FEET AWAY. Hahahha

Hey I'm originally from New Mexico, how's the weather kind of dry ain't it LOL
ya know when I'm on the bike path I pedal if I see police but here in South Florida cops don't even look at me twice unless they are admiring the beautiful craftsmanship like I said before LOL
And if you know anything about Florida cops, the Boca Raton police department are full of a bunch of @$$3$.... Lol
Anywho yeah guys from what I understand Florida law as long as it's under 50cc and doesn't have a transmission it's still a bicycle, or a motorized bicycle and like I said the law doesn't specifically say.... Its a grey area like up to the cop if you're busted with weed....
The biggest problem I have is when I ride my bicycle in the bike lane and pick up all kinds of sh!t in my back tire... LoL
Reminder always carry anything you might need, whether it's a extra foldable back tire or a tube and any kind of tools you might need. Air pump lol

Last edited by a moderator:
And I thought a vehicle was technically classified as something that carries passengers. How you going to carry a passenger on a bike unless you have a baby seat, lol

I'm done with bike lanes, but them paths can be fun if nobody is on them. I used to ride the Santa Anna River Trail to work and back, cut so much time out of my travel (no stop signs, red lights or traffic). I typically started work between 9 and 10 pm and would get off around 5-6 am. So normally it would be dark already, or just beginning to get light as I tore through the trail, normally around 30-40 mph. I couldn't cruise too slow since it was a single speed geared for high speeds, my poor clutch would have been toast.

Back