On Cheap vs "Expensive" Engines

Solder isn't going to hold up to a steel chain on a sprocket anyways. For real though it took me maybe 30 minutes to do. It took so long cause i don't run a master link so i had to take the cover off, press the chain off, file a little while checking with the new chain, cut the new chain, press it back together after installing and put the cover on. That's it.

I went with the Anbull 80 cc with the 4year 20 dollar no questions asked warrenty from Amazon. Im not sure if they make a 49 cc model but I am sure that amazon sells them with the warrenty so my advice is go that way so no matter if you blow it up due to your own fault or the manufacturer its covered.

If you go the cheap route make sure you take it apart and check everything to make sure its good to go.

Like flow ports and casting flaws and wrist pins arent bent inward ect... Once you get everything done it will run like a champ ... And if you do blow it up you have four years to replace it.

My 108 dollar Amazon 48cc wasn't perfect but it was fixable, the main problem was the clutch gear pinion was wobbling and the chain sprocket was eccentric. Common issues with these engines. Otherwise it runs fine. The 48cc engines aren't coming with the unitized head and cylinder, which are actually better than the 2 piece top end. When they do make a 48cc one piece I'm going to buy it.

Back