? On Dacscomm

thats not kewl, azkronic listed a bike he built on craigslist and a guy said he wanted to buy it, ok no prob. a week later, azkronic received a check for 2,000$(he was asking $800 for the bike)the guy said to cash it and send the rest of the money to some other guy. what a frigin scam this was. if azkronic went to the bank and cashed it he would have been arrested. luckly, l called the bank that the check was made from and they told me it was a bogus check and to call the popo, so thats what we did. everyone should do there homework before purchasing through the internet............glad you didn't get sucked into the scam, scammers are eveywhere :eek:

haha! thats the SAME EXACT email i got when i bought my phone, haha! i told that guy to f***-off.
edit: i suugest everybody email that clown (ferard.caydi@yahoo.com) and let him know what a real fargin' corksooker he is

dacscommm

I've bid on several of his bikes with no winning bids and this last one i was going to bid higher to make sure i won. Then the guy says he sold it to someone else without finishing out the auction. This guy is a jerk.

if you're saying that about dax, you're either a victim of that scam, too...or you're trying to stir something up with your 1st post...

maybe you should make yourself more clear about your situation...i've never known dax to end an auction early, he doesn't have to as he also sells direct from his site.

about Auctions on ebay

Those second chance offers are fraud. Also..As for auctions, when it comes to motors , I let those go to the end. typically. As for bikes, if someone makes me a great offer, I will sell the bike and pull it from Auction if there is more than 2 days left. If it is less than 2 days left on bidding, then I let the bidding finish. But..If someone offers me a lot of money for a bike to buy now. Then I will do it. But..Again.. If it is 2 days or less remaining, I will no longer accept buy now offers. So..If someone offers me 500usd or more for a bike to buy now.. If it has more than 2 days left, I will sell the bike to them and pull the bike from Auction. This is allowed under ebay rules. Check them. If this makes me a jerk,,,The..I am a Jerk. Thanks..

I do not think this...

To add a little to the last thread. Pulling an item for any reason is allowed under the rules. If you do not like the rules, then contact ebay and have them changed. Thanks..

You aren't a jerk dax - you're a businessman. if someone wants to give you more money to get it sooner then it's your right to end the auction early.

You gave me a great deal on my engine which is still giving me happiness a year later!

Yes it is normal for people with high feedback to burn you. I bought a PSP from some jerk who A) said it would be best to send the money western union (DO NOT USE WESTERN UNION UNLESS YOU'RE SENDING MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW) and B) he was 'out of stock' and if I just waited 3 weeks he would send me a PSP.

long story short he didn't send it and I ended up getting both mastercard, western union and my own bank mad at me for reversing the transaction.

Eventually I kicked up a stink at EBAY and they gave me back $200 under their buyer protection guarantee. which I then used to pay back my bank, who payed back mastercard, who payed back western union! - what a mess.

I have to agree with sideshowsideswipe who wrote:
You aren't a jerk dax - you're a businessman. if someone wants to give you more money to get it sooner then it's your right to end the auction early.
to me thats just business, plain and simple.

Back