On the Road: Whats your biggest fear ??

I don't like to ride in the bike lane or the shoulder of the road, either pedalling or motorized. Like mentioned before, inattentive drivers.

I want to see Death approaching me, so I can look him in the eye and veer off in time.

There is less chance to avoid The Grim Reaper when he approaches from behind.

I fear being hit from behind.

THAT IS THE REASON I RIDE THE SPEED LIMIT AND CLAIM THE LANE.

Ya can't hit me if ya can't catch up to me.:devilish:

When I look in my mirrors there is a great distance between me and the cars behind me.:geek:

There is safety in distancing oneself from the cagers.

dang I didnt really have any fears... until I read this. :unsure:

over reving and blowing up my engine would be pretty crappy, especially if it blows a piece of piston or connecting rod your way.

Has anyone ever actually had that happen?????

and the guy that kicked the dog in head is hilarious... I am a dog lover but sometimes they get what they deserve. Wish I could have seen that.

Last edited:
Check out this malfunction:
http://dumpalink.com/videos/Motorcycle-Malfunctions-At-Race-c86e.html

Motorcycle, but still!

I have had some bad ones, both on bikes and motorcycles, it is like cagers do not see two wheels as human. Being a pedal commuter, I am used to the right side, and as mentioned a few times, always had to watch for those car doors opening. Worse is when there is a huge truck on the left, and the door pops open in front of you! Had a few close calls. Got ran off the road by a truck, I think he did not realize how long the trailer was, but he came around and then pushed me over into the curb.

that is exactly what I was talking about ed... but those are high horespower racing bikes that spin at like 20k...

it looked like a piston or something, could our little engines do that? Cause sometimes I rev the heck out of mine.

There was an explosion there that really smacked his hand.

We need more crash vids to make people aware of how you can actually live
through your fear of crashing. I've had a coupla stacks, yet still am alive,
with only a few siiddee effects.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Check this one out, I like it as its of the lycra crowd.

This one below is hideous, 160km/hr is not a good bicycle speed.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Last edited:
that is exactly what I was talking about ed... but those are high horespower racing bikes that spin at like 20k...

it looked like a piston or something, could our little engines do that? Cause sometimes I rev the heck out of mine.

There is a fair amount of debate if that was a hand or glove, and just what happened, but ouch! Still, a chunk of metal flying at 8000+ RPM could do some damage coming apart.

And that downhill guy is INSANE! No way the frame was built for that.

For the Liberal's out there... Just remember that Guy who smears you.... He had every right to be putting his lipstick on.... At least he wasn't drunk!

Sorry got a little wound reading the other posts...

Why political...?...

People need to start seeing things for what they are.... Look at all the above gripes submitted by our Brother's...

Most of us drive cars in States where it's legal to do so.

Most of our States don't allow MB's, some do!

Either way, there's not one of our members who should be dead or have recieved a ticket while obeying traffic laws in liue of what goes on out there!!!

If you weave in and out of stopped traffic, ride on sidewalks or pose danger to another human, you deserve whatever you get.

49cc or not, our lawenforcement shouldn't have time to check us out with what goes on out there! Further in my view, it's uncostitutional for the Govn't to set a cc standard. By right it's up to the individual States.

By our laws, it's OK to kill one of our Brother's putting lipstick on but shame on you if you tasted a friends beer and the cop says he smell booze. They have right to draw your blood...

What I'm affeared of the most is there's a line of nonsense and many overlook it. Just because I'm plastered (but following rules) just because my mode of transport is illegal (MB) don't give the idiot on the cellphone rights to kill! I'm sure everybody agree's!

Cop's need to start putting the clamps down on rules that are common sense and quit writting revenue for the Govn't.

My prayer's go for every one of our Brother's who died but the Cop couldn't smell lipstick or cellphone on the killer's breath. Victimless crimes I guess! No politics!

I've got a friend who ran from the Cop's on a ten speed. A few blocks away a lady flipped a van door and left him no place to go.

You might say good for running?

While the cop's got him alright, over 100 stitches latter. To this day he don't remember but thinks he went through her window and out the other side!

His ten speed was totalled, the van, extensive door, hinge and widow dammage.

Result: After going through 3 Lawyers appeals and the rest. My friend who was arrested on eludeing and dammaging property was not convicted.

The Lady who pressed all kinds of charges (on advice of the cop) was latter found guilty of exiting the driver side of a vehicle (illegal in NY). I guess if the guy enforcing the law would have at least took time to know it, well....

Back