One of my builds. Posting to give ppl ideas and to help others out with their questions.

Yeah like that, I believe that's what Karl Snarl does, but he modifies his a little more & changes the stinger size to match his power curve.
Ah i see i will try this because i have two spare mufflers and the chamber one is only 70$. A little off topic but im having problems porting. I dont think im doing it right. Ppl say make the ports rounder some say the square is better. Im suppose to open the sides of both ports to allow for air and exhaust? Polish the exhaust port, if i dont is that bad?

Ah i see i will try this because i have two spare mufflers and the chamber one is only 70$. A little off topic but im having problems porting. I dont think im doing it right. Ppl say make the ports rounder some say the square is better. Im suppose to open the sides of both ports to allow for air and exhaust? Polish the exhaust port, if i dont is that bad?
Porting is a art, I'm not that good at explaining things or confident enough to give that advice. As far as my steel sleeve CG alls I did was clean the casting flaws up on the ports & removed any dingle berries that might cause harm. You dont want to change port height until you understand port timings. You could take a 1mm or 2mm off the sides of the ports & not effect port timing. Its said that what ever material you remove from a port, that you should remove the same from the other port. So for example if you take 1mm off the sides of your intake port, that you should try & take 1mm off the sides of your exhaust port.

Porting is a art, I'm not that good at explaining things or confident enough to give that advice. As far as my steel sleeve CG alls I did was clean the casting flaws up on the ports & removed any dingle berries that might cause harm. You dont want to change port height until you understand port timings. You could take a 1mm or 2mm off the sides of the ports & not effect port timing. Its said that what ever material you remove from a port, that you should remove the same from the other port. So for example if you take 1mm off the sides of your intake port, that you should try & take 1mm off the sides of your exhaust port.
Yeah i think i may have messed some jugs up because i took some from the top or bottom. It is an art, and its very expensive and time consuming to continue experimenting, i guess cleaning them up and opensing the sides is as far as i would go

Yeah i think i may have messed some jugs up because i took some from the top or bottom. It is an art, and its very expensive and time consuming to continue experimenting, i guess cleaning them up and opensing the sides is as far as i would go
That's why I've been doing lots of reading on porting, & why I dont like to give much advice on it yet. I didnt even take a 1mm from each side of my ports & my engine runs super strong. I didnt touch the transfer ports other than clean the casting flaws up, no actual removal of material.

That's why I've been doing lots of reading on porting, & why I dont like to give much advice on it yet. I didnt even take a 1mm from each side of my ports & my engine runs super strong. I didnt touch the transfer ports other than clean the casting flaws up, no actual removal of material.
There are two types of jugs i noticed. The one with the transfer ports closed and the other has them open, the open one has square ports too. I feel that one performa better

There are two types of jugs i noticed. The one with the transfer ports closed and the other has them open, the open one has square ports too. I feel that one performa better
Somebody with more knowledge on that will have to chime in. I know port shape can effect power or your rpm power curve. The steel sleeve engines are closed transfers & the ports transition from a semi round port from the inside of the cylinder to a square port at the mounting flanges.

Somebody with more knowledge on that will have to chime in. I know port shape can effect power or your rpm power curve. The steel sleeve engines are closed transfers & the ports transition from a semi round port from the inside of the cylinder to a square port at the mounting flanges.
I like the ones on the right. They always seem to have bigger ports and cleaner bores

Attachments

• 50AE5DC4-B935-4149-952C-8FD2A658AAD6.png
    50AE5DC4-B935-4149-952C-8FD2A658AAD6.png
    466.2 KB · Views: 123
I like the ones on the right. They always seem to have bigger ports and cleaner bores
I believe the 1 on the right is easier to alter your transfer ports since there open. Idk power wise between the 2 cylinders. Also I'm not sure if you got a high hole piston or a low hole piston will depend on what cylinder you need. I'm sure some1 can explain or recommend a cylinder. I like the steel sleeve cylinder for longevity & the torque it makes, plus it's not slow by any means. I top out at 38mph or should I say I chicken out at 38mph cause the walmart bike feels like it's going to self destruct.

pips.jpg
pips2.jpg

The KS65 vs MZ65. KS65 are extremely rare pipes. They are hand crafted by a master metal working maniac that bathes in water as hot as lava. I seen this guy karate chop threads on to steel smooth rod, because the dies on his machine failed and he needed to get the work done.

Open ports do better at higher rpms, the flow dynamics of the ports actually inhibit the low end a little. Open ports allow better flow at higher rpms because the walls are not there to restrict the charge. Closed ports are better lower rpms performers, the close ports facilitate a better flow at lower rpms because the walls direct all of the charge into the cylinder. At higher rpms it actually cause a flow stall near the walls, inhibiting maximum charge transfer. An thereby reducing rpm maximum.

edit: think of it like this. Blow through a straw. you can blow a long time if you blow slow. Not very long if you blow as hard as you can. Now blow into a cup. Blow slow, you feel all that turbulence. Now blow fast, its one powerful stream now.

Back