One of my builds. Posting to give ppl ideas and to help others out with their questions.

I just typed in " Slip on dirt bike muffler", in the search engine on ebay. Threw thousands of different ones at me. I just linked the first one that looked cool.

Oh and make sure the slip on part is the right size. That's really all you have to worry about, inlet diameter clamping ability.

Like this? It wouldnt be too restrictive with the mz65? I mean the mz clone is like 70$ and the slip ons are 50$ it would have to boost my too speed 5kmh at least to get me to spend that :/

Attachments

• 60B987F7-D796-4F39-B77E-AC8B07BBE33F.png
    60B987F7-D796-4F39-B77E-AC8B07BBE33F.png
    483 KB · Views: 141
Like this? It wouldnt be too restrictive with the mz65? I mean the mz clone is like 70$ and the slip ons are 50$ it would have to boost my too speed 5kmh at least to get me to spend that :/
Not speed, power. You need power to gain speed, so yes you could get more speed, if you adjusted accordingly. You gain a nice punch from the mz vs that poo poo, plus the power band is spread out more.

I went from 24 mph on a stock pipe, to 33 mph, just changing to the mz and retuning the carb for the new fuel demands. Since, I have started modding them for even more power. A staged header gains quite a bit from an untouched mz65.

Oh and none of those are too restrictive. I have 5/8 outlets on my pipes, give me more power than a larger outlet.

You may even want to mod the stinger on the mz65 if you get one. Down from a 1" outlet to a 3/4-5/8 outlet. It will give you more punch when it gets on the pipe.

I won't build a bike, unless I have a chambered pipe for it. I will never use the stock pipe, except for the muffler. I modd the mufflers and attach to the KS65 pipe.

Just to chime in, the slip fit mufflers that has been mentioned to you, also are made with a 22-25mm inlet on the muffler, instead of the 1½" inlet. Another search you can do to help find a muffler is to look up gy6 performance exhaust.

Not speed, power. You need power to gain speed, so yes you could get more speed, if you adjusted accordingly. You gain a nice punch from the mz vs that poo poo, plus the power band is spread out more.

I went from 24 mph on a stock pipe, to 33 mph, just changing to the mz and retuning the carb for the new fuel demands. Since, I have started modding them for even more power. A staged header gains quite a bit from an untouched mz65.

Oh and none of those are too restrictive. I have 5/8 outlets on my pipes, give me more power than a larger outlet.
I wonder if i got the mz65 clone and used the end of the stock exhaust as a muffler

I wonder if i got the mz65 clone and used the end of the stock exhaust as a muffler
I believe that is what alot of people do, cut the stock poo poo muffler off & fit it to the mz65 pipe to make it quieter.

Yeah like that, I believe that's what Karl Snarl does, but he modifies his a little more & changes the stinger size to match his power curve.

Back