One of us needs to do it!

Lol on the segway documentary I'm watching right now the guy was in a farm town. And some farmers was reaching him to drive a tractor and I said to self he is going to run right into the RV lol sure enough he start it runs right into the rv

I watched a couple documentarys about traving long distances on a motorized bike . It was fun to watch but I think he used 3 motors . Now I'm watching dude is going to do it on a Segway . It just started so cool to watch I once wanted to cross the country on my bike but I decided I'm way to old and I won't have a road crew. So kne of us should attempt it I vote for Damien ! Be fun to watch
People do it on bicycles all the time, its called "touring". Couple times in the summer, I seen people at the bike shop buying parts with fully loaded bikes from across the country. A MB would probably be easier, but you would probably have to stop a lot on a 2 stroke to let it cool.

I watched a couple documentarys about traving long distances on a motorized bike . It was fun to watch but I think he used 3 motors . Now I'm watching dude is going to do it on a Segway . It just started so cool to watch I once wanted to cross the country on my bike but I decided I'm way to old and I won't have a road crew. So kne of us should attempt it I vote for Damien ! Be fun to watch
Seeing you brought it up, I elect you to do it.

A four stroke would be ideal for a cross country ride. I'm sure a whizzer would be a fantastic bike to do that on....

So I vote @Wrench ride cross country 😂
A proper 2 stroke could do it. These ultra-cheap bike motors mostly don't qualify under that category because the plating quality and cooling ability aren't really there. They also don't have a drive and clutch system really intended for what I would consider standard duty. They are mostly designed around short trips of 10-20 minutes, and require a lot more small servicing to keep operating properly as well as small parts (clutch pads).

My one exception to that would be a Zeda Firestorm 80 since it has the ceramic cylinder like the Phantom. If it survived break-in then it should have thousands of miles of life in it. I would probably go through and build the bottom end with high quality bearings, seals, and balance and true the crank. I would also install a proper head with a lot more fin/surface area like the Smolik Performance CNC Head which is based on the DT80 head in design. Even then, it still would require a lot of daily maintenance for a longer trip, such as greasing the primary gears, and the need for spare parts would still be high.

I would say the Phantom could pull it off, but it lacks the cooling capacity for long heavy duty runs if we are honest about things.

My actual desire to build an AX100 powered bicycle in this thread is partially from a desire to build a long-ish distance bike because I have had the thought myself of doing long runs just for the fun of it. The reason I desire to use that engine is because it is designed as a proper bike engine, and thus has real cooling capacity, has a wet clutch and primary drive so it won't need as much maintenance and fuss, and the 4 speed transmission can be utilized to alter final gearing for different conditions. 4th gear for flat land cruising, and down from there for various types of terrain.

To emphasize what I mean by cooling capacity, we can compare the 50mm bore AX100 cylinder (Black) to a 49mm bore CDH power cylinder for an 80cc engine. Bore sizes are pretty much the same, but notice how much bigger the fins are on the AX engine.

I honestly wonder what it would take to have some cylinders (and heads) made that had proper cooling fins like this for the MB engines.

Attachments

• AX100 cylinder.jpg
    AX100 cylinder.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 49mm cylinder.jpg
    49mm cylinder.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 72
I doubt I'm fancy enough then I recall applying for a job as a car sales man and the bosss made fun of what I was wearing he told me to go to Applebee's and see what other was wearing there lol. I just laughed at it all and left. Most days we'll everyday I wear jeans cheap jeans and a t-shirt

I doubt I'm fancy enough then I recall applying for a job as a car sales man and the bosss made fun of what I was wearing he told me to go to Applebee's and see what other was wearing there lol. I just laughed at it all and left. Most days we'll everyday I wear jeans cheap jeans and a t-shirt
I never said a business suit. I was thinking more Evel Knievel

Back