One piece head and cylinder

Hey Karl cannonball was one of the first to get a yd 100 kit that I know of, he know quite a bit about them. I think the cylinder he is referring to is an upgrade for a long rod 66-69 cc bottom end, BGF lists it on eBay.

Hey Karl cannonball was one of the first to get a yd 100 kit that I know of, he know quite a bit about them. I think the cylinder he is referring to is an upgrade for a long rod 66-69 cc bottom end, BGF lists it on eBay.
He makes it sound like he is saying they are both two piece tops. Just wanted to make sure people knew the steel sleeve is the two piece 49mm and the single piece yd or bt is a 50mm. Not trying to cause no trouble.

Has anyone you heard of added the big bore cylinder to their bottom end? I'm curious how it works out.

I've read that the yd100 can run a little hotter than the 47mm bore engines, time will tell if the 50mm type will last.

Has anyone you heard of added the big bore cylinder to their bottom end? I'm curious how it works out.
Works great, but lowers your rpm unless you balance the crank to the new piston. I love mine, just bought a second one so it has a back up engine. I run nitropropane through it. Really rips some arse.
You have to jet them a little rich, you lose some performance. You gain a cooler longer lasting engine.

He makes it sound like he is saying they are both two piece tops. Just wanted to make sure people knew the steel sleeve is the two piece 49mm and the single piece yd or bt is a 50mm. Not trying to cause no trouble.
Yeah, sorry I didnt make it more clear. I was basically referring to the piston diameters, thinking the now hard (impossible) to find sleeve less big bore
cylinder (50mm) piston might have been used in the YD. Btw the 110cc engines look like a YD with a head, anybody know?

Yeah, sorry I didnt make it more clear. I was basically referring to the piston diameters, thinking the now hard (impossible) to find sleeve less big bore
cylinder (50mm) piston might have been used in the YD. Btw the 110cc engines look like a YD with a head, anybody know?
No clue but i keep on seeing them. Tempted to buy one just to see what the real cc is and the measurements. 110cc would be sweet, if it was a real 110cc. I'd never use anything but those if they are actually 110cc. Even if they were a real 100cc I'd switch. 😆. Im interested in knowing too.

Im betting maybe 85cc. Still bigger the better. If the are on a YD base you can bet it wont be long before the parts
will be out there.

Back