One rubber on ragjoint work?

I am throwing in the towel! Put to many hrs in and going backwards! This forum is awesome and I can't get alignment right so there for IAm done thanks guys for the advice

Get out the note pad cause this hobby is driving me nuts! Lol IAm no mechanic and it's one thing after another
Go to thread "Need advise on assembling" she didn't give up and now she's riding with her head held high. She ain't even got a pair and she still did it. What's gonna be your excuse. That will be 75 bucks, and I won't be able to see you next week. If it's a emergency you can call me at the Hamptons beach house number.

📋- first- breath. You started this thread about 24 hrs ago. Take a step back and do something else, read a book, go for a run, have a beer, pick some corn, watch Russian pole dancer videos, anything but wrenching on your bike.

You don’t have to be a mechanic, you need patience. That stupid sprocket is the worst part of this whole process- many MANY people get super frustrated with that- it’s not just you. You can do some other things before returning to the sprocket hassle.

The adapter and sprocket can be had for 30-40 bucks- yes it sucks to fork over maybe 200 just to find out you need to pay more. Some guys get by with the rag joint others need the adapter- like I did.

Do post pictures- detail what you have trouble with- and answers will come. I’m still rather new here but if you humbly accept help, folks are eager to help. You are joining a relatively small community- they (dare I say we) want to see it grow and thrive, and you sir are going to help make that happen.

Don’t make decisions when you are angry, or hungry, or tired, or lonely. Give it at Least 24hrs, then think it through after a good nights sleep.

You can do this!

I had the same issues with the damn rubber joint and almost gave up the hobby all together.

The thing that saved me was spending $35 on one of these adapters

They simply clamp on to the hub and they allow for easy in and out sprocket adjustment for alignment.

I had trouble with the rag joint at first as well. The non concentric front sprocket doesn't help either. I decided i would need exactly what extreme said because my sprocket was bent like a wave lol. I said one last try what have i got to lose and i took a hammer and crescent wrench and file to the sprocket and got lucky it's been working ever since lol. The one that came with my kit is as soft as cheese and easy to bend. I'm running a 44 but will probably order a decent sprocket and adapter in 36 for lower rpms at cruising speed

If you feel super ballzy you can tap it directly into this there are guides and even adapters, but i think a-lot of people would say NO don't lol
View attachment 89644
I wouldn't, there's barely enough aluminum material there to make the spoke flanges have enough strength as it is. Like I was saying about high flange hubs.

They already have holes drilled or cast into them that present a great way to rubber cush mount the sprocket, so it doesn't transfer the shaking the pinion sprocket drives into the rear wheel through the spokes themselves.. You do have to pre-drill and tap the wheel sprocket but it runs nearly dead true. Of course there's a little warp to most of these steel sprockets from the kits.

motobike8.JPGmotobike10.JPG

Back