Only getting 22MPH (35KPH)

i have 26" roadmaster sport mountainbike (tight fit)
48cc dual start starfire GT2 grubee 44T sprocket
topspeed stock so far = 28mph but it will do more easy
average cruising speed i like to do = 20mph

make sure your gas tank is higher than carb
and seal everything with gasket maker and teflon tape

gas tank is about 2-3 inches higher than carb...have had some thoughts about presurizing it for assist......EVERYTHING is sealed, and checked and rechecked.....think gasbike sent me a junk engine, now they have refused to answer emails.....I will never do business with them agine, nor would I refer them to anyone after my experiences with them, a complaint to the BBB might just be in order if they keep ignoring me....let alone the lies they told me.....

This is what a BBB search has to say about gasbike.net

BBB Reliability Report for
Nationwide Access

BBB Rating NR

Ratings Explanation
BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.

Find out more about this business:
BBB Accreditation
BBB Rating
Business Contact and Profile
Products and Services
Business Management
Additional Locations and Phone Numbers
Customer Complaint History
Government Actions
Advertising Review
BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy

BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of NR.
Reasons for this rating include:

* This business is not currently rated. BBB does not have sufficient information to issue a rating for this business.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

We do not have a report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues
BBB Definition:

advertising issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.
or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.
on this company. This may mean that the company is new to our area. Or, we have not had sufficient activity to warrant developing a report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues
BBB Definition:

advertising issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.
or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.

Business Contact and Profile
Name: Nationwide Access
Phone: (405) 631-0006
Address: 3725 S. Western
(po return)
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Original Business Start Date: January 1970
New Owner Date: May 2001
Principal: Mr. John Manning, President
Employees: 25
TOB Classification: Purchasing Service
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

The BBB maintains a report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.
on a firm based on inquiry or complaint activity.

The BBB has not received a sufficient volume of requests for information, nor has the BBB received complaints on this firm to warrant the maintenance of a report
BBB Definition:

. The information provided, however limited, is presented to assist you in your purchasing decisions or for any other purpose you deem relevant. The BBB suggests you read and understand company promotional materials and contracts and check company references and licensing, where applicable.

Products and Services

This company offers full service travel and purchasing benefits.

Business Management

Additional company management personnel include:

Mr. Les Mignerey - Treasurer

Additional Locations and Phone Numbers
Additional Addresses
4149 Highline Blvd.
Ste 330(po return)
Oklahoma City, OK 73108

Additional Phone Numbers
Tel: (405) 947-3944

Customer Complaint History

BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

Government Actions

BBB has no information regarding government actions at this time.

Advertising Review

BBB has no information regarding advertising review at this time.

BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy

As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.

BBB Reliability Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Reliability Report is believed reliable, but not guaranteed as to accuracy.

BBB Reliability Reports generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Reliability Reports are subject to change at any time.

If you choose to do business with this business, please let the business know that you contacted BBB for a BBB Reliability Report
BBB Definition:

Report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.

ID: 12005304
Report as of April 14, 2009 16:52
Copyright© 2009 Better Business Bureau

Last edited by a moderator:
the gastank is not suposed to be pressurized,the cap is got to be vented or it wont run.
and it will only do around 18-20mph during breakin.
when my gastank was on rear rack lower than my carb,plus i had a airbubble,my bike would only do 20mph and no more.so i put tank on top frame pole,short gas line to carb and i mounted carb on right side of bike using copper fittings and now im doing 28+mph.
plus your oil/gas mix will effect speed.

but all of these engines are diffrent,there like a grab bag,you never know what youre going to get.

Last edited:
My gas tank....

See attached pic

Attachments

• Preview of “Untitledâ€Â2.jpg
    Preview of “Untitledâ€Â2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 211
thats the same problem i had and the same location i used to have the tank and mine would only do 20mph.its not the tank height,its the petcock height and its lower than the carb intake,you have to have the petcock higher than the carb and your bike will go faster believe me.because it happed to me.you got to jack that tank up higher about 4" or so.i moved mine to the top frame rail but i see u dont have one.mine will do 28-30mph now.make sure your gas line goes down from tank to carb(no down then up then down)

the only thing i can think of is to mount/bolt a 4-5+" plastic box/tubberwear container to rear rack and mount tank on top of that.

Back