Only one brake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have the clutch + front brake levers on the left and had a panic situation, instead of clutching and then grab rear brake, I grabbed front brake lever and nearly went over the bars. after that, I got the Sunlite dual lever, so only have the clutch on the left and brakes on the right. so much less hassle anytime than switching your left hand's grip to grab this lever or that and just a little adjusting the F/R brake pull how I liked them. much safer

noting if you engine brake from higher rpm, you lean out any lube on a fast spinning engine and it could seize and the bike will stop faster than you as the wheel locks up

Seems like for 55 bucks and few screws you can convert it to aromatic.
Nope, to make it aromatic you need this::D
1544047548907.png

I won't use a duel pull lever because in the event of a mild crash, or bike falling over, resulting in a broken lever or pearch leaves you with out brakes.

Also, to minimize the chance of breaking a pearch or lever at all, only tighten pearchs enough to hold in place during normal use, rather they move than break in the event of a mishap

I won't use a duel pull lever because in the event of a mild crash, or bike falling over, resulting in a broken lever or pearch leaves you with out brakes.

Also, to minimize the chance of breaking a pearch or lever at all, only tighten pearchs enough to hold in place during normal use, rather they move than break in the event of a mishap

This could be tbe difference between riding home or walking

Received that duel switch i for Quad i mentioned earlier, here is my mini review.

Its all alloy only plastic part is gasket in throttle body.
Fits perfectly on 7/8" bicycle handlebar.
Has brake light switch built in, can connect to LED brake light that powered from engine.

It required road bike brake cable nipples to fit properly, but MTB cable works too if you have metal file, i did not.

Unlike bicycle dual pull leaver that is one piece fixed, this have flexible tip where brake cable connect.
I believe it makes it easier to adjust the brake, if one brake is fully engaged and other one has slack it turns the tip giving more tension to second brake.

Has lock button (like clutch leaver) you can lock brakes, probably useless for bicycle.

Throttle cable installation was not perfect fit fit, that cable metal sleeve is not screw inside the leaver, i used zip tie to secure it in place, had to bend inner receiver for cable nipple since gas cable that comes with kit has is smaller diameter nipple.

Takes lots of force to press the throttle with thumb.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back