Ontario Laws Regarding Motor Assisted Bikes & Mopeds.

well, sad to say it but the cops in my area just pulled me over today and are going to give me a hard time. no ****.

what a load of ****.....

i cant get a registration as a moped because it has no vin despite the fact that it falls under MOPED in every way stated.

isnt gonna stop me from riding to work.....
Hi RMWdave. I got the feeling that the folks at the MOT in Ontario are a bit progressive. Sounds like they aren't.

What are you riding?

matter of fact, since the day i got hauled and made that post they have never bothered me again.

the police are smart here, they know what our bikes are capable of however, the second i start using a push trailer im inviting a few problems.

My Bike

I recently made a chainsaw assisted bike, im getting my m1, and i havea mirror, and all that, just wondering, does it require a liscence plate?

Can somemoen please help me get a 4 stroke reliable motorized bike in Ottawa, Ontario. I am disabled and have a really agressive illness and I would like to spend maybe my last summer getting to fishing spots I can only dream of getting to while manually pedallling.

I need to know where andhow i can get a nice bike and motor 4 stroke. If someone would put it together for me I would pay them well. but quality has to be the main thing. A honda engine or equivalent with good bearing and chain driven or belt driven.

Can someone help me? I'm 24 almost 25. Please PM me if you think you can help me build a great bike out of the kindness of your heart. I'll pay you the best I can. And reall you'd be doing something great for someone who doesn't have much time left. I'm crying just writing this.

I really want to enjoy this summer on a motorized bike. Can someone help me? I'm in the barrhaven area..........PM me please and please dont screw me over cuz i have nothin to lose really and if you take my money and run or somthing, lets just say my father is in law enforcement and I don't take kindly to that kind of thing.

If you think you can PM me, discuss what you think woud be good for me, I'm over 300lbs and 6'4 I need a large bike. and the largest engine you can get.

I would never ask for help from people I don't know but the people here seem to be a decent bunch........SO don't hesistate to pm me. You will make money and be doing a good thing which will make you feel good inside. Helping someone who really needs is an honorable thing to do.

Thanks guys

===Thomas===

Or if you can point me in the direction of a company that sells pre-made bikes with the honda 4 stroke engines using chain drive or belt drive I would be really thankful. And if its in Canada even morethankful so i dont have to pay huge shipping fees. i would rather pay someone local in Ottawa or Toronto or Montreal to build it. Only if they know what they are doing and can do it within a couple weeks since it's not tht hard to do.

Tom, I spent a lot of time here and on the other forum. My 2cents is to buy a real moped or small motorcycle. Puch (pronounced Puck) is one of the best. I say this because you need total reliability and no potential for police hassles.
Am praying for U.
Mike

so if your bike has a proper vin you can get it registered? what about ownership papers? dont they need that to register the bike?

Legality in Ontario, Canada

Hello!

Thanks to professor for mentioning this issue.

I was wondering about motorized-bicycle legality in Toronto, Ontario Canada. I'm assuming it wouldn't be legal to strap an engine on a bicycle and ride it around. Pocket bikes aren't legal so I'm guessing a motorized bike would be the same as a pocket bike (which I used to have for fun).

Can anything be done about legality? Anybody here from Toronto?

Thanks!

Hmmm...looks like we Ontarians are screwed. I guess it would be best to ride on the sidewalk?

Is it legal to ride on the sidewalk? TBH, its all I'd ever need to do. Does the highway traffic act or any other act forbid you to ride a motorized bicycle on the sidewalk?

Back