Oops. Hi!

SnowyAlex

Local time
7:42 AM
I, uh, I was tired when I joined and couldn't find an explicit forum rules. Found 'em, found that you're supposed to do an intro first.

I go by Snowy or Alex, either is fine. I'm 24, live in Oregon, and this is my first active experience with biking. I don't/can't drive because of some PTSD I got in a car wreck that nearly killed me/would have if I hadn't been in an extremely specific situation. I got a 2 wheel bike first last Summer and it was my first time to own a bike at all, ignoring the usual childhood Radio Flyer. I had a heck of a time trying to actually mount on the bike, let alone actually riding the thing. Then, bad Oregon weather and health complications hit, so it went in the garage. More recently, I became just too utterly frustrated being without personal transport, and the long walks and wait times for the local public bus (haaaaate).

So, went scooter shopping. Oregon law says no bigger than 35cc gas and while Oregon allows 1kW electric, federal is 750W right now. Finding a scooter that fit my needs that my fiancée felt safe letting me on ended up being frustrating and difficult. Considered getting a mobility scooter (one of the high end, 18mph top speed ones), but spendy. Then, one day, I saw a trike on Craigslist that a retired RV tech had equipped with both a small gas motor kit and an electric kit. Was pretty spendy to buy from them, but I became inspired.

I happened upon a folding Worksman trike for nearly no money at all and snapped it up. I am also contemplating a recumbent, due to previously mentioned health issues (a knee issue is at hand in particular, so the lessened knee strain is appealing, and I have a chronic spine related injury so the seat is too..) I joined to learn more, and get advice in motorizing that Worksman similar to that trike I first saw (unless I do it to a recumbent instead, but I figure similar concept/I'll just do one of those electric kits for it)

So... that's me!

Back