Oops look what I found

rabobanks

Local time
2:15 AM
I pulled my clutch cover yesterday and saw that the screw holding the small gear (crank?) had come loose and almost all the way out. It rubbed the cover and damaged the threads coming out. I was able to save the threads on both the screw and inside the gear. Not sure if this is relatively common but I figured it was worth sharing. I removed the stock star lock washer with a standard lock washer and applied locktite to the threads.

Attachments

• 100_0788.jpg
    100_0788.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_0786.jpg
    100_0786.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_0790.jpg
    100_0790.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 266
I have the opposite problem, I cant get mine out for the life of me. I guess if I ever get it out, I'll have to put loctite on it when reinstalling it. Thanks for the heads up. Its amazing what parts manage to work loose on these things.

@ Steve1990

Getting that bolt out is quite simple - a few well placed taps on the outside edge with a sharp centre punch will do the trick - the same goes for reassembly.

I went to install a centrifugal clutch and my screw was laying the the cover too.

It's just one more bolt that should checked periodically. I've had pretty good luck with replacing the stock bolts with good ones and using locktite. So far only the stock bolts continue to come loose

Back