Opinions on this frame modification for big battery electric bike?!

The real you has not been hard to find.

If I were you, I'd very much tread lightly.

When someone is dying, you do not act like a piece of sh i t Mr. Bassett.
You are very blessed that I cannot reach out and touch right now.
Maybe you should have read what he was saying. I've had police officer friend(S) shot and killed in the line of duty and won't put up with them being called pigs and compared to Nazis. The only reason I am blessed is that if you reached out to touch me I would be answering why I b**ch-slapped you. Eat me. We won't be conversing again... I'm know I crushed!

Last edited:
Maybe you should have read what he was saying. I've had police officer friend(S) shot and killed in the line of duty and won't put up with them being called pigs and compared to Nazis. The only reason I am blessed is that if you reached out to touch me I would be answering why I b*tch-slapped you. Eat me. We won't be conversing again... I know I crushed!
Mr. Bassett, If you had "police officer friend(S) shot and killed in the line of duty" Then you are more of a cad than I thought.
Everyone can see that my words have shaken you.

I tell you again, you have not been hard to find. Please be kind.

HP

Bassett Hound

DSCF1932.JPG

No worries, HP 😅 I have use the ignore button. I only read and reply when I think it will make me laugh. ✌😊

It's 2020 we are now already past the point of no return with the global climate crisis. It will only get hotter and more severe.
Sorry to say I expect that the rest of you have less than forty years left to enjoy the planet before your your time comes to join me upstairs. ☝😕

So enjoy it while you can! Preferably with good friends!! ✌😄🍻😆👌

Remember love is the ONLY real thing in the universe. ☝😲

Just had a wonderful sunrise ride on Emo-ped and I feel really good for it. 🥰

I only went out to get cash from the atm machine in town while it's dead quiet, so I can give the cash to the volunteer from the Foryd (harbour) community centre who brings me groceries from the store.
(Just saw him middle of writing this post, he's gonna get me some bags of frozen sweetcorn and peas, among other things, to help with my silly munchies attacks. Might as well die healthy lol!)

... but on returning home I decided that it was just too beautiful out there to not be cycling!! 🌞🌞🌞🌞
Golden light across the whole beach and not a soul in sight. 🤟🌞

I also wanted, and got, the number off the front of the motorcycle store over the bridge, past the harbour.
He will know a local independent TIG welder to help me with my 50SAND project.

See, it is relevant to the thread topic! 😆

I need something done about the fatbike frame being shyte, lol.
It has been constructed very, very badly around the head tube.
It also needs a new pair of dropouts, with 190mm spacing instead of the extremely unusual 197mm. Then it'll be able to take the huge Bafang motor!
I'll still have to find room for batteries somewhere, but I have no idea yet.
I need a couple of tuned pipes welding up, too. One for the 50SAND and one for the Night Fur(r)y
Not to mention battery mounts....

I didn't bring my phone on the ride to take a picture of the shop's phone number. 😲
So I had to sing all the way home:
"Four, three, six, four, three, five? Four, three, six four three five!" 🤟😆

When i got home, I only brought Emo-ped into the hallway because I was warm and its difficult to turn around inside the entrance hallway of the house.
I went and sipped sweet tea for a bit, and saw your thread posts, and wanted to reply. 🙂
I still felt like going back for a picture of my beloved Emo-ped in the sunshine. ✌🥰🍀🌞

So I did. Went back out for a long slow ride with lots of stops to take snaps to add here in the wrong order. 😎

I do love Emo-peddin' around when it is very quiet and when it is warm and sunny. 😎🍀🌞
The 500W direct drive hub motor on Emo-ped, and its hugely stack of 60v sealed lead acid batteries is plenty for a slow relaxing cruise along the beach. Which is precisely what June mornings on this flat beach coast should be about! 🤟🌞🤟

Last edited:
Okay, LOL. I just pulled the trigger on a blue Dolomite fat tire bike. I got tired of this chase of the best bike for money and cant risk the Dolomite being out of stock (3/8 sold while I had to cancel first order and reorder because I messed up shipping options). I paid $388 for the bike. The only issue is no front fork and its an undesirable blue. For this issue, I guess I can just repaint it and buy a fork later if needed though I think the fat tires will help with the shock absorption that my current bike lacks. We will see.

So, I've been thinking about coloring, which is kinda stupid as there are ton of hurdles before I can even get to painting. But, I am going to do a homage to NASA/SpaceX and the Dragon capsule. So, it will be a black/white frame and white/black battery box with NASA and Tesla decals and style.

Im gonna start a separate build thread for this once the bike gets here, in a week or so.

Attachments

• Mongoose2.jpg
    Mongoose2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 258
And, it is sold out again. Jeez. There is also a $300 price difference between this color and the traditional dark blue and red. LOL!!! I better get this bike; its coming direct from Dolomite company sold on Amazon. Expected Jun 9-10.

I am really happy to read you pulled the trigger on your fat frame and you picked the "complete" bike, too so you've actually pulled the trigger on a job lot of fat bike parts. They wont all be suitable for everything, but that's a lot of stuff all on its way to you and I'm excited! 🤟😆

You'll build something that is incredibly different from most bicycles in its ability and versatility. You'll turn heads.
Your new bike is going to be so much fun that you'll have a grin that's not just from ear-to-ear, but nearly f'kin meets at the back! 🤣🤣🤣

I ended up with bad paint colour and a "spare fork and wheel" I'll never use, too. ☺ The Rockshox Bluto is incredibly light, to me with what I'm used to. 15mm x 150mm is the front axle standard. Halo has a nice (positively reviewed) wheel for it with a lightweight 85mm rim. 🙂

What is the rear dropout type on the Mongoose Dolomite fatbike frame? 🤔

I'm sorry for suggesting the Bluto without checking the frame specs first. I'm the stupid cat around here tonight! 😳 (I just need more sleep and less psychoactive drugs)

What is the rear dropout type on the Mongoose Dolomite fatbike frame? 🤔

I'm sorry for suggesting the Bluto without checking the frame specs first. I'm the stupid cat around here tonight! 😳 (I just need more sleep and less psychoactive drugs)

what do you think? ive seen videos of both mid and rear hub conversions for dolomite. that being said, a lot of ebike kits are sold out. i hope its available again when i order (after battery build and mount)... :cautious:

Attachments

• Mongoose3.jpg
    Mongoose3.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 332
Back