Opinions on this frame modification for big battery electric bike?!

what do you think? ive seen videos of both mid and rear hub conversions for dolomite. that being said, a lot of ebike kits are sold out. i hope its available again when i order (after battery build and mount)... :cautious:
Well,
I am certain that for versatility in a pure electric, you have no choice but the bottom bracket (BB) or frame mount motor and Shift Kit based drivetrain.
I am certain that for versatility in gradient climbing on a SUPERHEAVY pure electric you have no choice but a BB motor because the frame is full of battery and you cannot get by without gears.

You could add a geared hub motor as well, for creativity and experimentation. Hubs have lots of torque and are efficient.
Non-geared hubs running on flat ground at their own best efficiency speed are a little more efficient than anything else. Then even wind could make all the difference and make it less efficient than BB motor even on flat ground.

I will have a medium-to-heavyweight hybrid 4" tyre fatbike, and therefore will be using the Bafang 750W rated rear gearhub. It has a (10x) 190mm o.l.d. . The motor gearing is 5:1 ratio IIRC. It can freewheel faster than its top speed, under power from the 2T ICE and Shift Kit (or China jackshaft if outside North America). It has a freehub body which can safely accept the power from the Zeda80, G2 reed and a 4" diameter tuned Aprilia RS50 pipe.

Last edited:
Bassett Hound Went to AA
Its dawn. I cant wait for the sun to rise a bit more and flood the whole north coast cycle path with its rays. Sun on my back there are very few blindingly reflecting things and everything is GOLDEN!
Seriously if you're looking forward to graduating from Earth this summer you might live to ride an electric bike for some of the time. It is a very frugal and wholesome pleasure. Definitely much better than being an alcoholic troll. 😅

Lately, I have been getting a "swimmy head" as I call it. Feels like being washed along in a fast and strongly turbulent body of water like a river in flood.
That means I dont feel like I'm up to pedalling anymore, and of course my Emo-ped is a 72kg SUPERHEAVY pure electric, so pedalling was always mainly for fun and to keep warm enough, not strictly for power! 😅
So, last night, I lowered the saddle. Actually I had to put a smaller saddle on to do it.
I will try it out in a few minutes. It is still early, only 04:40 here in UK.

(Edit: tried it out low and it is lovely!)

Last edited:
Its dawn. I cant wait for the sun to rise a bit more and flood the whole north coast cycle path with its rays. Sun on my back there are very few blindingly reflecting things and everything is GOLDEN!
Seriously if you're looking forward to graduating from Earth this summer you might live to ride an electric bike for some of the time. It is a very frugal and wholesome pleasure. Definitely much better than being an alcoholic troll. 😅

Lately, I have been getting a "swimmy head" as I call it. Feels like being washed along in a fast and strongly turbulent body of water like a river in flood. I dont feel like I'm up to pedalling anymore, and of course my Emo-ped is a 72kg SUPERHEAVY pure electric, so pedalling was always mainly for fun and to keep warm enough, not strictly for power!
So I lowered the saddle last night. Had to put a smaller saddle on to so it. I will try it out in a few minutes. It is still early, only 04:40 here in UK.
Damn you’re gonna have to wait all day for tomorrow’s USA members drama. Horrible, horrible.

yeah pretty heavy. My thing is 69 kilos. And oh sooo dreamy. Dreamy dreamy... I’ll make a dreamy vid just for you. Was riding today and thinking about how dreamy it is to ride... ooooohhh sooo dreaaaaamyyy ahhhhhh. Riding 15mph was never so much fun!!

Damn you’re gonna have to wait all day for tomorrow’s USA members drama. Horrible, horrible.

yeah pretty heavy. My thing is 69 kilos. And oh sooo dreamy. Dreamy dreamy... I’ll make a dreamy vid just for you. Was riding today and thinking about how dreamy it is to ride... ooooohhh sooo dreaaaaamyyy ahhhhhh. Riding 15mph was never so much fun!!
It is perhaps the best place for a conversation with your big or little brother, I think.
I mean that's the number one thing about the pure electric bike, that you can communicate with your riding partner on a traffic free route which is therefore very low noise already. 😄😄
Nothing especially fun👐 about taking the pure electric single speed bikes on the motor vehicles roads... 🤔 That's just transport. 🙂 Which it can also do. 😄

But it seems I stayed up to take snaps of my lowered seat position and now it's a bit of a dull morning 06:30 ish
I might only take it as far as the front.. 🤔

Idk if I will see any members drama. I have very little time left here and still lots and lets to do and see and say and show! ☺
I need to get back out there again soon. 🤠

Last edited:

Lately, I have been getting a "swimmy head" as I call it. Feels like being washed along in a fast and strongly turbulent body of water like a river in flood. I dont feel like I'm up to pedalling anymore, and of course my Emo-ped is a 72kg SUPERHEAVY pure electric, so pedalling was always mainly for fun and to keep warm enough, not strictly for power!
So I lowered the saddle last night. Had to put a smaller saddle on to so it. I will try it out in a few minutes. It is still early, only 04:40 here in UK.
Have fun and have a beautiful day.
I had to go to the Ocean today after seeing your pic. I made a new friend while I was there.
Oceanside, CA.

Attachments

• DSCF1945.JPG
    DSCF1945.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCF1946.JPG
    DSCF1946.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCF1947.JPG
    DSCF1947.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCF1951.JPG
    DSCF1951.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCF1953.JPG
    DSCF1953.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCF1954.JPG
    DSCF1954.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCF1955.JPG
    DSCF1955.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 307
bike has not shipped yet expected mid next week bought it on monday. i think amazon is playing games with me again...

umm okay. i guess i dont understand amazon logistics. it said the bike has shipped the night before it is suppose to arrive???? are they overnight shipping it to me or something or has it been on its way? either way, its on boyzzz 2 or 4 (probably 4) kwH ebike. :ROFLMAO:

you know i still watch a lot of motorcycle electric and gas youtube videos. i will miss the sound of a good deep grumbling revving engine. not the screechy 20k rpm 2 strokes, but something like this... god damn that sounds good and that display is fkin amazing. :love:

that being said, i wont miss having my leg hairs burn off when i am stopped at a light. a mid drive engine noise is pretty nice too like a rocket ship taking off but a good revving gas motor and exhaust... ill probably get another gas motorcycle down the road.

Back