Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

Just to make sure: when you take apart your engine, bring it to top dead center before taking the cover off. Just getting the governor out of the 79cc should bring it to around 4 hp. One thing my friend noticed with the gasbike transmission plate: it flexes under major load. He sold that bike already, and that was one issue I did not like. Look at other transfer cases. I'm waiting for the grubee 79cc belt drive transfer case to be released... then I might move up.
For jetting, buy a jet set or buy a micro drill bit set and get a soldering iron and some solder. I have been running my main jet for a few years drilled out till it was too rich then soldered shut and re-drilled with the last drill bit size that worked.

Last edited:
no idea what carb they put on 79s but 2 good places for Pred upgrades are ombwarehouse and AGK. both have carbs n kits. if it uses a common 5mm jet like the Dellorto clone carbs they are cheap in a set

are you gonna use a 26" wheel? ( yeah the gasbike tranny with a 44T n typical 26'" tire, ungoverned ~40mph and def will climb a medium hill. going 40 on a bike is fast.

Just to make sure: when you take apart your engine, bring it to top dead center before taking the cover off. Just getting the governor out of the 79cc should bring it to around 4 hp. One thing my friend noticed with the gasbike transmission plate: it flexes under major load. He sold that bike already, and that was one issue I did not like. Look at other transfer cases. I'm waiting for the grubee 79cc belt drive transfer case to be released... then I might move up.
For jetting, buy a jet set or buy a micro drill bit set and get a soldering iron and some solder. I have been running my main jet for a few years drilled out till it was too rich then soldered shut and re-drilled with the last drill bit size that worked.
What does having it on TDC have to do with taking off the cover

no idea what carb they put on 79s but 2 good places for Pred upgrades are ombwarehouse and AGK. both have carbs n kits. if it uses a common 5mm jet like the Dellorto clone carbs they are cheap in a set

are you gonna use a 26" wheel? ( yeah the gasbike tranny with a 44T n typical 26'" tire, ungoverned ~40mph and def will climb a medium hill. going 40 on a bike is fast.
I am still looking for a bike but am planning on a 26 inch wheel. I am not going to buy an aftermarket carb as they are kind of expensive (have to get custom manifold). They sell individual jets for $5 on there I geuss I would have to buy a couple sizes and geuss. I am buying the AGK motorized bike throttle linkage (14$), and their high flow air filter and adapter (26$). I am getting my exhaust from eBay.

Surely you don’t believe the Huasheng is as good as the Honda? I see lots of threads about brand new HS motors having lots of problems right out of the box?
With a predator I can get a pretty good warranty and a new motor is only 99$ or less
yeah, i was bit rough on the 79cc

also, i never said it was better than a honda, i just said there is some quality control that misses some engines.
i believe honda is slightly better that huasheng, the huasheng is a copy of the honda (kind of like a dodge caravan vs Chrysler Pacifica, there nearly the same damn thing)

if your going to remove the govener, just make sure to get out all the washers. (also, before removing the govener, make sure to break in the engine first, and that makes sure you have a good working engine before you rip out the govener and lose the warranty)

and usually you need to upjet as your adding more air into the engine (like a pump)

good luck man! cant wait to see what you come up with!

yeah, i was bit rough on the 79cc

also, i never said it was better than a honda, i just said there is some quality control that misses some engines.
i believe honda is slightly better that huasheng, the huasheng is a copy of the honda (kind of like a dodge caravan vs Chrysler Pacifica, there nearly the same damn thing)

if your going to remove the govener, just make sure to get out all the washers. (also, before removing the govener, make sure to break in the engine first, and that makes sure you have a good working engine before you rip out the govener and lose the warranty)

and usually you need to upjet as your adding more air into the engine (like a pump)

good luck man! cant wait to see what you come up with!
Sounds good to me! I have started ordering parts. You think I should upjet just from removing governor? I was planning on doing the 3 hour break in period and do a lot of oil changes to get the shavings out at first.

You only want to install the cam with the piston at TDC. If you attempt to do it anywhere else, I don't care how mechanically inclined you are, you will never be able to time it correctly.
Aren’t there timing marks on the gears where they mesh to show where to put everything?

Back