Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

just the 79cc afaik, tho there's more powerful options if you want a mid-size 4 stroke. back when I got my 118 Lifan 4hp, they were $125, now 175 :-(
Tillotson 212's are stock 10hp but that's way over the top haha. Briggs, Tecumseh and couple other flathead motors are a good option in 3-5hp range and you can find them used on equipment very affordable.
vertical shaft motors can be made to run horizontal. thatd open up a whole lot of good used buys
Would the jack shaft transmission work on the 49 cc horizontal shaft huasheng? Not the built in centrifugal clutch one but the horizontal shaft one
Maybe I could find a 53 cc for more torque

alot of people recomend the 144 so go ahead. No reason to use the 79cc trans with the 49 they already supply a clutch.
I would get a motor only because most transmissions are trash or very expensive. Would the mounting holes for the predator 79cc type jackshaft line up with the straigh shaft huasheng

Not sure, I know they do on the old 3hp Briggs which is cool. Price varies with motors bikeberry is like $154 for the 142f by itself but there’s an eBay kit with more stuff for $165 but you can get eBay ones for cheaper. I think a lot of problems come from improper tension and lack of loctite. Are you thinking a lot perch you seem like u are. You could probably get a newer gx100 if you look. Can’t go wrong with a Honda bike.

the 79cc trans wouldn't fit small motors. it fits 65-275cc what I call mid-size,,
it's not supremely hard to mount your own js on the seatpost. 2 pillow blocks, a keyed shaft, 2 sprockets/pulleys, small plate or block, bolts. cost of parts under $60.
you might get away with a really big back sprocket and don't need a jackshaft. 62T or like 66. depends on your riding style, speed, and what engine

Not sure, I know they do on the old 3hp Briggs which is cool. Price varies with motors bikeberry is like $154 for the 142f by itself but there’s an eBay kit with more stuff for $165 but you can get eBay ones for cheaper. I think a lot of problems come from improper tension and lack of loctite. Are you thinking a lot perch you seem like u are. You could probably get a newer gx100 if you look. Can’t go wrong with a Honda bike.
I try to do a lot of thinking and research before dumping a bunch of money...
I will try and find a gx100 or Briggs even.
I am scared away by the stories of transmissions going out at 200 miles
Jackshafts are nice because the gears shouldn’t wear out and I can replace the crappy clutch with a max torque

the 79cc trans wouldn't fit small motors. it fits 65-275cc what I call mid-size,,
it's not supremely hard to mount your own js on the seatpost. 2 pillow blocks, a keyed shaft, 2 sprockets/pulleys, small plate or block, bolts. cost of parts under $60.
you might get away with a really big back sprocket and don't need a jackshaft. 62T or like 66. depends on your riding style, speed, and what engine
I’d like a bigger engine anyway about 100cc would be perfect. I like the jackshaft setup because unlike other transmissions, I can replace the crappy clutch with a max torque and the gears shouldn’t really wear out...

I’d like a bigger engine anyway about 100cc would be perfect. I like the jackshaft setup because unlike other transmissions, I can replace the crappy clutch with a max torque and the gears shouldn’t really wear out...
honestly, a a 50cc 4 stroke kit bike isnt that slow compared to a CG engine. (there actually faster believe it or not)

but if your going to do what i did (100cc engine with jackshaft)
prepare to get a bigger rear sprocket anyway, i needed a 56T to get going.
honestly you dont need a max torque clutch, a cheap 12$ amazon clutch works just fine. i can run my engine at full bore for 10 miles and the clutch gets warm, not even that hot.

imho, if i would do this again, i would get a predator 212.
because those engines are just the best if you want 4 stroke power.
theirs so much you can do with them its just unreal.
there the 1# engine for go karts, and everything in-between.
you just have to find a bike frame thats big enough to fit one.

better b careful of 6+ hp and the 4 stroke torque comes with it,, that Coleman ct200u minibike 196cc was fun as hell but it was low to the ground, top out 23mph.

better b careful of 6+ hp and the 4 stroke torque comes with it,, that Coleman ct200u minibike 196cc was fun as hell but it was low to the ground, top out 23mph.
I’d really rather not go that high as motorized bikes aren’t really legal in Michigan and I’d like to not call too much attention to myself

Back