Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

Well just passed 2 state cops riding around this morning! they didn't care. I ordered the Tecumseh intake for my 3hp briggs build. Nothing beats an old flathead bike. That's what some of the old timers remember before the CG.

I’d really rather not go that high as motorized bikes aren’t really legal in Michigan and I’d like to not call too much attention to myself
Then just get the 49cc four. They are fairly reliable dare I say more than a CG (don't yell at me). Transmissions can be tricky but staton makes a high quality bell if you need a better one and use blue loctite on all the bolts/proper belt tension and you're set. If you really want the 100 you can get it. The 49 four has been known to go high 30's so how fast do you really want to go?

Then just get the 49cc four. They are fairly reliable dare I say more than a CG (don't yell at me). Transmissions can be tricky but staton makes a high quality bell if you need a better one and use blue loctite on all the bolts/proper belt tension and you're set. If you really want the 100 you can get it. The 49 four has been known to go high 30's so how fast do you really want to go?
35 mph and dead stop acceleration would be enough for me. I just worry about crappy Chinese parts... I am planning on tearing down the flathead Honda and all of you on here maybe could tell me if it’s salvageable. The parts I think it needs would be less than buying a whole huasheng kit

Well just passed 2 state cops riding around this morning! they didn't care. I ordered the Tecumseh intake for my 3hp briggs build. Nothing beats an old flathead bike. That's what some of the old timers remember before the CG.
Do you live in Michigan? I hope
I don’t have any problems. Flatheads seem neat and I am considering rebuilding the g100 if it’s not too expensive and if it doesn’t need too much...
If it’s trashed I would go 49cc huasheng
But so we’re clear, I should avoid the predator 79cc? Would a 49cc huasheng really have more power? All the reviews seem to be good but I will listen to you guys since you’ve had one...

EDIT: why do you need a tecumseh intake? What are your speeds on the 3hp Briggs and what’s your transmission/gear ratio/ clutch setup

Do you live in Michigan? I hope
I don’t have any problems. Flatheads seem neat and I am considering rebuilding the g100 if it’s not too expensive and if it doesn’t need too much...
If it’s trashed I would go 49cc huasheng
But so we’re clear, I should avoid the predator 79cc? Would a 49cc huasheng really have more power? All the reviews seem to be good but I will listen to you guys since you’ve had one...

EDIT: why do you need a tecumseh intake? What are your speeds on the 3hp Briggs and what’s your transmission/gear ratio/ clutch setup
Pa, distant world is from there but says you can be up to 125cc or 150cc not sure I would think not. Tony told me the H35 intake fits the briggs 3hp because I can't use the gas tank mounted carb.

79s are not bad just kinda heavy relatively. it can be modified but no aftermarket for it cept a carb and header. plus it's governed to ~3600. but it's cheap,, just not exciting lol

Last edited:
Perch it seems to me you've wanted to build a motorized bike but haven't yet. Is this true? last year I can remember you starting a thread about the 79cc but you disappeared shortly after. You seem a little younger since you said you're still in school. Get your drivers permit and try driving a car first. If you are too worried/undecided. You seem to have a certain budget and that's great if you want to build a oliver motorized style bike (he basically reuses engines from projects over and over again and chops them up and rewelds into new ones). Some of the stuff he builds is cool but try to get a parent's/uncles help building something if you're worried about it. Stop worrying about things breaking with this stuff something always does.

Perch it seems to me you've wanted to build a motorized bike but haven't yet. Is this true? last year I can remember you starting a thread about the 79cc but you disappeared shortly after. You seem a little younger since you said you're still in school. Get your drivers permit and try driving a car first. If you are too worried/undecided. You seem to have a certain budget and that's great if you want to build a oliver motorized style bike (he basically reuses engines from projects over and over again and chops them up and rewelds into new ones). Some of the stuff he builds is cool but try to get a parent's/uncles help building something if you're worried about it. Stop worrying about things breaking with this stuff something always does.
You got me there... Funny you say that about my drivers license I will be able to take my road test next month and get it. Ive done almost 50 supervised hours. I want an MB because cars are expensive and gas is 3$ a gallon. I live in a small tourist town and it seems perfect as everything is close by....
I have wanted an MB for over 2 years, I just haven't got myself to pull the trigger and spend that much (seems like a lot for Chinese parts)
But I've got to thinking and there are so many helpful people on here that can get me out of just about any problem I would encounter...
Once I get the honda and tear it down I will decide from there.

EDIT: I am fairly decent at small engines and such, I work at a go kart track and have to work on 80s-90s abused go karts that break down very frequently. I think the building part would be the easiest, but what do I know.
If the honda can be saved, I'll go from there. If it can't, I'll try and part it out to save for future builds. If i cant find a horizontal shaft motor of some sort within a few weeks, I will get a huasheng with the belt drive

79s are not bad just kinda heavy relatively. it can be modified but no aftermarket for it cept a carb and header. plus it's governed to ~3600. but it's cheap,, just not exciting lol
So from what I understand, the weight added over the huasheng isnt worth the power increase?

Back