Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

You got me there... Funny you say that about my drivers license I will be able to take my road test next month and get it. Ive done almost 50 supervised hours. I want an MB because cars are expensive and gas is 3$ a gallon. I live in a small tourist town and it seems perfect as everything is close by....
I have wanted an MB for over 2 years, I just haven't got myself to pull the trigger and spend that much (seems like a lot for Chinese parts)
But I've got to thinking and there are so many helpful people on here that can get me out of just about any problem I would encounter...
Once I get the honda and tear it down I will decide from there.

EDIT: I am fairly decent at small engines and such, I work at a go kart track and have to work on 80s-90s abused go karts that break down very frequently. I think the building part would be the easiest, but what do I know.
If the honda can be saved, I'll go from there. If it can't, I'll try and part it out to save for future builds. If i cant find a horizontal shaft motor of some sort within a few weeks, I will get a huasheng with the belt drive
if you want power at a cheap price, just get a 66cc CG engine.
there not as bad as people make them out to be, (hell, over 2k on my old china engine, it sat outside my house nearly everyday, and it still runs!)

or a better option would be to get that 4 stroke with a belt drive.

also, remeber. if you dont maintain them, it doesent matter what brand it is, it will break down.
(coming from a hobbiest small engine machanic, that keeps his niegbor stuff running)
so, keep that in mind lol

if you want power at a cheap price, just get a 66cc CG engine.
there not as bad as people make them out to be, (hell, over 2k on my old china engine, it sat outside my house nearly everyday, and it still runs!)

or a better option would be to get that 4 stroke with a belt drive.

also, remeber. if you dont maintain them, it doesent matter what brand it is, it will break down.
(coming from a hobbiest small engine machanic, that keeps his niegbor stuff running)
so, keep that in mind lol
Maintenance isn’t a problem for me, I always keep up on that sort of thing...
I’d prefer to avoid a 2 stroke, I know they have more power but I like the smoothness, reliability, efficiency of a small 4 stroke...
I noticed some of the huasheng bikes don’t say anything on the side and some do...
The red and black ones on eBay, are those huasheng or a copy of them?

For example here is a belt drive from eBay

All of the kits look pretty much the same, I want one with a return policy but other than that is there anything to watch for?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I’d prefer to avoid a 2 stroke, I know they have more power but I like the smoothness, reliability, efficiency of a small 4 stroke...

mmhmm yep an engine shouldn't rev to the moon or get stuck at a certain rpm while sounding clanky with the clutch the list goes on. Almost had a buyer on the bike he said $275 I'd say yes because I just want to get rid of it. I don't want the thing going yingyingying!!YING!!!YIIIINNNG. It's getting annoying. Gonna fix the kickstand replace pads try to get the dumb pedal chain lined up and he wants the tensioner on it too. My advice is stay far away from them. Unless you want to rebuild a brand new motor, order new clutch hubs, gasket, the small gear and maybe seals. The thing sounds like it's gonna blow up every time I ride it. It sounds 4 strokey at first but then sounds lean or something after heating up weird. The head is torqued to 17 ft lbs all gaskets are in place put electrical tape around carb.

mmhmm yep an engine shouldn't rev to the moon or get stuck at a certain rpm while sounding clanky with the clutch the list goes on. Almost had a buyer on the bike he said $275 I'd say yes because I just want to get rid of it. I don't want the thing going yingyingying!!YING!!!YIIIINNNG. It's getting annoying. Gonna fix the kickstand replace pads try to get the dumb pedal chain lined up and he wants the tensioner on it too. My advice is stay far away from them. Unless you want to rebuild a brand new motor, order new clutch hubs, gasket, the small gear and maybe seals. The thing sounds like it's gonna blow up every time I ride it. It sounds 4 strokey at first but then sounds lean or something after heating up weird. The head is torqued to 17 ft lbs all gaskets are in place put electrical tape around carb.
Chinese engineering smh

Just curious, what was the reason you got rid of the predator? Would the huasheng make more power?

Last edited:
Wouldn't run think defective ring's or something went wrong the coil went bad but replaced it. Technically yes you should get a higher top speed 3,600 rpm vs 7,000 rpm.
What about ungoverned? If I got a huasheng I would leave the 6800 limiter in. People give all these steps to remove it and then say “keep rpms under x amount” I don’t see the point when the gains aren’t that much and the risk of engine failure increases a lot

What about ungoverned? If I got a huasheng I would leave the 6800 limiter in. People give all these steps to remove it and then say “keep rpms under x amount” I don’t see the point when the gains aren’t that much and the risk of engine failure increases a lot
Well here's to speculation. Would you rather have a higher revving 49cc (atleast legal displacement for a moped) That can go 38mph or a 79cc that is wider, heavier and will go low 30's eventually with the gov and unknown without. Valve float and the cast flywheel are said to be no nos on bigger motors.

49 79 212
CAE25EEC-A603-453C-A39F-5C2CC669DE97.jpeg

Back