Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

Yellow Perch

Local time
9:13 AM
Ok so I was wrong, the g100 is only the 80 something cc motor. The bolts to the case are missing (hold the 2 halves of engine together) oil dipper on connecting rod was snapped off and laying in oil pan, carb gaskets are destroyed, missing a pull start. That’s all I can think of now. Parts are relatively expensive and I am wondering if it would be better to spend ~100 on a predator. I like Honda but there is so many things missing and it was put aside at the go cart track where I work (HS student remember...). The motor has been sitting on the shelf for what I presume to be many years judging by all the dust. Not sure why it was put there in the first place.. also not sure if the oil dipper could’ve damaged something when it snapped off or how that even happened in the first place (over rev?) the cam lobes have some scoring in then and the piston kind of scrapes in the cylinder when I move the flywheel (at least I think it’s the piston) the motor has no oil but a thin film on everything.
Anyway the predator 79cc would be very similar in size and would be brand new. People say they are well liked and they would make more power and torque and get better mileage than mine... so should I rebuild the flathead 83cc Honda or buy a predator?

Don't get the 79cc they are gutless. Alot of them make a almost knocking noise because there's no crank shim and mine has defective rings (I think). Get a GX120 or LF160-F. Or you could go on Ebay type your motor in and buy that cap and stuff for cheaper.

Don't get the 79cc they are gutless. Alot of them make a almost knocking noise because there's no crank shim and mine has defective rings (I think). Get a GX120 or LF160-F. Or you could go on Ebay type your motor in and buy that cap and stuff for cheaper.
Did you remove your governor? I always thought people liked the predator

Ok if it's 83cc it has to be the K1 variant. I did remove the governor and I tried putting it all back together and would not run, engine was in time valves set to .005 had spark, dribbled fuel into spark plug hole and nothing. My suggestion get one of the 49cc 4 stroke motors and slowly get parts for that old Honda if you want.

Ok if it's 83cc it has to be the K1 variant. I did remove the governor and I tried putting it all back together and would not run, engine was in time valves set to .005 had spark, dribbled fuel into spark plug hole and nothing. My suggestion get one of the 49cc 4 stroke motors and slowly get parts for that old Honda if you want.
Don’t take this the wrong way but if it ran before you took it apart and now it doesn’t then you probably changed something. Try getting it running again...
But yeah I will look for parts hopefully I don’t need too much...

Go on facebook marketplace or similar and look for a Honda GX120 you can find one for much cheaper than $314. I just saw one for $100.
I could not find one but I did find some gaskets and others on eBay. I found a used oil slinger for like $10 it looked to be in good shape. I am looking for a pull start and the bolts for the case and starter (maybe at hardware store)

Back