Ordered me a little welder

slow down keep practicing

use a slight back and forth motion, heat in front then go back and make a puddle , stack those dimes

I have a little machine like that, it works surprisingly well with 3/32 7018 rods. I recently bought a flux core welder to do smaller stuff, takes a bit to get used to but there is no problem with starting an arc. Just pull the trigger and it goes.

I have a little machine like that, it works surprisingly well with 3/32 7018 rods. I recently bought a flux core welder to do smaller stuff, takes a bit to get used to but there is no problem with starting an arc. Just pull the trigger and it goes.
Yeah I have a little difficulty starting an arc. You can see that at the beginning of my beads. I need to work on that

I don't believe they have a hot start. Hard to get it started at lower amps especially on smaller areas because there is no room to drag the rod. Basically, you are trying to touch and go which makes it want to stick. I don't know what the answer is, practice I suppose.

I don't believe they have a hot start. Hard to get it started at lower amps especially on smaller areas because there is no room to drag the rod. Basically, you are trying to touch and go which makes it want to stick. I don't know what the answer is, practice I suppose.
Yeah lots of practice

My welder can be set up to start hotter. It helps with lwer amp welding for starting.

Back