orienting/seating a 90 degree petcock

blckwlfny1

Local time
6:44 PM
hey guys,
I am having some issues with m fuel line juuust hitting the motor. without getting too detailed, suffice it to say that i cannot move the fuel outlet or tank, and the motor must sit where it is.
This could all work if i could just get a 90 degree petcock and ensure that the outlet points to the rear of the bike. how do i make sure this happens? There is a chance that when i tighten the petcock down that the outlet will end up pointing the wrong way...and if i leave it loose to orient the outlet right, the fuel will leak because the "washer thingy" isnt seated tightly.
thanks

Get a brass 90-degree fitting that fits your petcock. Treat with teflon sealant, screw petcock. Or use two 90-degree brass fittings, if needed.:unsure:

Just do it!:giggle:

Thank You
Ok just came off of 2 days of internet searches and trips to 7 different auto and hardware stores. Does anyone know where I can get two 90-degree brass fittings that fit a 10mm-1 thread?

Last edited:
I'm running the in-frame tank made for the worksman by sportcarpat. He specifically said it is a 10mm-1 thread. Although it seems to fit the HT kit petcock fine
...Now I'm really confused

I have a small generator that the fuel petcock broke, and could not find a replacement. That is up until today looking for you. Well anyways I removed the nipple from a HT tank and brazed it into my generator tank. I wanted a bolt to screw into the nipple to hold it in place while brazing, and found a perfect fit in my scrap bolts. I looked at it thinking it was metric but found it to be a 3/8-24 I even ran it through a die, then ran a 3/8-24 tap through the nipple. Could a 3/8-24 actually be the same in something metric? I don't know at this point.

Upon further investigation a few minutes ago, the 3/8-24 is so close but not a proper fit. So I'll take it...even though a 3/8 tap will screw into the nipple (using my fingers) , it's really metric, now as for a 1.0 or 1.5, I'll have to try a metric bolt. Have to go out this afternoon and will swing by Lowe's with my tank.

Last edited:
Just got back from Lowe's, they only have 10mmx1.25 and 10mmx1.5, both of which are the incorrect thread...that leaves a 10mmx1.0

Back