Other uses for 2 stroke oil.

GW's Motorized

Local time
2:48 PM
I was thinking my leather shoes could use some oil. I generally use ATF because it makes water roll right off my shoes. I didn't want to go outside and get into my stash of oils to get some ATF, so I grabbed the 2 stroke oil off my desk and oiled my shoes. This all got me thinking what else is 2 stroke oil good for? So what have you used 2 stroke oil for other than a 2 stroke engine?

I was thinking my leather shoes could use some oil. I generally use ATF because it makes water roll right off my shoes. I didn't want to go outside and get into my stash of oils to get some ATF, so I grabbed the 2 stroke oil off my desk and oiled my shoes. This all got me thinking what else is 2 stroke oil good for? So what have you used 2 stroke oil for other than a 2 stroke engine?
If its full synthetic, I use it to soak my chain in once a year since it gets into every crevice of the chain to keep it pliable and snag free.

I usually soak it in WD-40 first though the day to clean the crap out of it first, then wipe it down and then soak it with the oil overnight, wipe off the excess, and then put it on the the bike the following morning...I still have not snapped or had to replace a chain in all these years.

If its full synthetic, I use it to soak my chain in once a year since it gets into every crevice of the chain to keep it pliable and snag free.

I usually soak it in WD-40 first though the day to clean the crap out of it first, then wipe it down and then soak it with the oil overnight, wipe off the excess, and then put it on the the bike the following morning...I still have not snapped or had to replace a chain in all these years.
Brilliant!

Back