Our Heritage #2

Well this bike is another replica using an original engine. It's a 1920 Evans Power Cycle. In the teens it was sold as a bicycle engine kit called"Cyclemotor" later was sold as a light weight motorcycle.I was given the engine kind of as a joke because it was in such bad shape. he thought of it more as a door stop. It took me a year just to get it apart. for its day it's a very tiny two stroke about 100cc I think rated at 1/2 horse. and it feels like 1/2 horse too. on level ground it might get up to 20 or 25. speed is best regulated by changing the spark advance. direct drive, no clutch. Pedal it to start the engine, and pull the compression release to stop.
246_evans3jpg_1.jpg

246_evans4Sjpg_1.jpg

Well, these toys keep me out of the bars. (sometimes) Each one of my bikes takes a couple of years to complete. Hunting down parts, making what I can't find,etc. and each one is a little more ambitious. My most recent project the 1903 California for George Wymans centennial still isn't running, I built the engine from scratch! pics comming soon. Thanks again guys!

antique-rider: i keep looking and i never know what to say...you already know it's nice work & you have to know how much a guy like me would appreciate what he's seein'...

i'm just so danged glad to see you & your bikes here, "heritage" rocks my world 8)

off-topic: has anyone actually announced who the owner of the Bike-o-Month is? just wondering...

Thanks Augi! about the bike 'o the month......I haven't seen a thing. He needs to step up and receive all the praise!!

Bike of the month

Oh, okay, well maybe that is that bike on the Home page. Does the top of the home page the bike of the mounth?

Thanks! LOL I'm laughing because the amount of time I spent "cutting" the engine out of my indian photo, then sizing it, then reducing it, bla,bla,bla.

Back