our heritage

A

antique-rider

100+ years ago nuts like us were doing the same thing. this is one of my babies. I started with just the engine, and built the rest. so its considered a replica 1904 Indian.
246_indian3_2.jpg

Amazing replica, is the short front fender a feature of the 1904? looks like a time machine.

wheels

That looks sweet do you have any pics of the engin ??? I would love to see it better.

Cookie

Thats a great looking bike. I bet 97% of people can't tell the difference. I think the rigid fork models had the cut fender like that. Does it have the hand grip spark control? Must be a blast to ride.

Thanks for the nice replies fellas, to answer a few questions, yes the front fender was short on the rigid fork pre 1905, the throttle is on the LEFT grip, and the spark/compression release is on the RIGHT. most of the people that see it don't know it's mostly replica. there really wasn't many parts available when I built it in the late 1980's, and I couldn't afford them anyhow, so I built the tanks, and the frame from scratch. The saddle is an authentic . I'll see if I have some engine pics to post, it's fun to see what was "state of the art" 100 years ago. I have a couple more bikes up my sleeve I'll dig up some photos. ........Bob

Back