Our Whizzer NE5 "Black Knight" recently out of long term storage

Just happy to have the Whizzer out of the shed and looking somewhat decent for the first time in close to ten years. These new school Whizzers were made from about 1998 up until around 2009, this is a 2005 model. To recap, these are Flat head motors displacing about 138cc and they run on pump gas. The case holds 8oz of SAE40 oil, and this bike has a centrifugal clutch and is therefore "twist and go". This particular Whizzer cruises comfortably at 35 mph and can sprint to over 40 when called upon in stock but slightly tuned form. Presently trying on some cargo racks in preparation for my first 100 mile self supported ride attempt with this particular bike. Hope you enjoy! Whizzer start, quick pass, flat tire fail
IMG_1820.jpg
OU
64331325286__9DF647F5-0779-4E12-8F18-1DDAA51F8F3A.jpg

Welcome to the forums...DAMIEN...( -.- .- .---- --- .-- .--. )

Ps...Got a kick out of the neighborhood kid in the background shouting out, "Hi Steve"...lol.

Pss...If those are the same tires and tubes from 10 years ago, it would be no wonder why you wound up with a flat.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums...DAMIEN...( -.- .- .---- --- .-- .--. )

Ps...Got a kick out of the neighborhood kid in the background shouting out, "Hi Steve"...lol.

Pss...If those are the same tires and tubes from 10 years ago, it would be no wonder why you wound up with a flat.
I see I'm not the only Ham in this place, KA1OWP- pleased to make your acquaintance. (EDIT: can't find you on QRZ so I assume I flubbed the CW transalation- sorry)

Last edited:
You did not flub...lol...I let it lapse years ago when i lost interest there and gained interest in computer science, Linux in particular, and now these contraptions since my retirement 10 years ago...lol...DAMIEN
Come back to us! I like Linux, too, and SDR radio looks really neat, I'm sure you'd agree as well!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back