over 300 dollars invested and still not running

austin635

Local time
6:49 AM
Well...let me start off by saying I am sick to the stomach about this whole situation.

I bought a kit from powerkingshop on ebay on AUG. 11. I regret that so much.

After spending over 15 hours on the bike myself and ordering numerous parts I finally let a mechanic who specilizes in scooters look at it. He worked two hours on it (which cost me 68 bucks an hour) and found that the seals within the crankshaft were blown. The oil would then leak into the crank wheel making it slip. He asked if I had bought it new and I said yes, and he went on to tell me the only way those seals could break was if they were put in wrong. So I was sent a faulty engine. Great. I have spent over 300 dollars, and now I still just have scrap metal. Im so mad at powerkingshop. This is fraud.

Anything I can do to fix the bike? Anyone know poerkingshop and could help me get a new engine or refund? I sent powerkingshop an email today but I think its very likely I will never hear from them.

Sorry for venting steam on this fourm but I am desprate not to loose 300 dollars to nothing.

Thank you and if you can help me at all let me know.

Austin

if you used a credit card for the charge

should be no problem getting a refund

as you already have
inform the company of the faulty engine
should also send them a cert letter with a note from your mechanic
keeping copies of all so as to give to credit card company for a full refund

ride that thing

Since you just informed the seller of the problem today, i would wait a bit before assuming he's going to screw you and accusing him of fraud. It's only fraud if he's complicit in the faulty hardware and then isn't interested in making it right for you.

Give him his due time to respond but be diligent in demanding a replacement.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Well has anyone ever had luck with powerkingshop? I just assumed because I never got ahold of him about my problems before.

Unfortuantly I did not pay with a credit card.

Thank You

Austin

true not good to jump the gun here

I just assumed because I never got ahold of him about my problems before.
Unfortuantly I did not pay with a credit card.
Austin

well we know about that -- just assumed -- we shouldn't be going there...

what QuadManiac said above makes good sense...

if you can find a phone number you might try calling them also...

true not good to jump the gun here --

most dealers will send you a replacement engine...

so that you can -- ride that thing

i went through powerkingshop myself....mine turned out okay, but the instructions were not for my kit....different colored wires, and bad quality pictures with poor english instructions....arg!
Here is the phone # to their shop in Canada:604-420-0018
tell them your situation and maybe something can be done....
I have to call them because my muffler broke at the pipe/resonator weld, and i have only had the kit on since september this year.....go figure.

PowerKing shop

Thats weird, I have a Powerking engine that was bought also around August and it runs incredibly good, there must be 1 or 2 lemons in a good batch of motors. Call them and let us know what they say , they should send you another engine, if not then we all on M.B. will know about it.

Yeah I know I kinda jumped the gun...unfortuanatly I did in the email I sent them as well...but that's how I felt. I mean I was really mad about the whole situation, and I felt like I had just wasted my money.

The email basically just said that we needed to solve this..I did mention fraud but that's understandable. Because if they knew the engine was used and busted then it was technically fraud. Also what lead me to it being used was not only what the mechanic said but also the fact that when I originally opened the package a couple of the parts had rust on them.

Ill keep everyone updated.

Austin

Yeah I know I kinda jumped the gun...unfortuanatly I did in the email I sent them as well...but that's how I felt. I mean I was really mad about the whole situation, and I felt like I had just wasted my money......

I find that people often go out of their way if you are polite and treat them with respect. If you sent them an email that accuses them of fraud, etc. - they may not "go the extra mile" for you. Remember that PKS did not manufacture the engine. All the engines I have bought from them were in factory sealed boxes. Some had bent cooling fins, or bent mounting studs - but all of them ran great.

seals

Austin, you are saying the mechanic told you the crankshaft seals are blown and theres oil leaking thru them into the clutch? Is this a 4 stroke engine you got from Power King?

Last edited:
Back