Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Motorbikes can get up to 40mph?

Votes: 6 7.5%

• Total voters
GP460, Dominator pipe, Trek 4500.

GEBE 54.7mph all i could get out of the 19.9:1 ratio

Staton 46mph all i could get out of the 18.75:1 ratio

the scooterguy shifter 58mph slight tailwind

jackshaft rackmount 55mph speed limited by 20.91:1 ratio and 15,000rpm operating ceiling.

steve

My trike hits redline at about 55. Plenty of power, I've hit 53 while pulling a lightly loaded trailer. At 50+, with no suspension, I'm just surfing the high points of the road. I try to ride in the 30's.

Are you in it?

Tell me about your expirence!

How was it?

How did it happen?

Is it an often occurance for you?

Travelling at 35-40mph is not something that I like to do, but it's my normal cruising speed out of necessity. Here in Hawaii, if there are cars around me, I MUST! travel at speed limit or slightly over for my own safety. I claim the entire lane so I HAVE to keep ahead of traffic.

Sadly, cagers here treat bicyclists and slow mopeds with no respect. We are inhuman, an obstacle to their mission of getting to their destination in quick fashion. Drivers are so stressed out by congestion and traffic jams. People have filled their lives with so many activities that driving fast is the only way for them to complete as many tasks as possible.

It seems like adult drivers are not enjoying their ride and are constantly in a hurried pace.

How did it happen? The right combination of twin engine power and the largest friction rollers available.

Is it an often occurrence for me? It is a daily occurrence. However, if there are no cars around me, I'll lower my speed until they catch up...sometimes.:whistle:

My first attempt at over 40 mph was a failure. The chain sort of jumped off right at 39. New shorter chain, and I made it. Now I no longer care about going that fast.

I am in no big hurry. That bike weighs more now so it is not going to hit 40 again.

My Staton chain drive with a GP460 and 18.75 / 1 gearing tops out at 43 on my GPS. That's with a secondary silencer, without it she'll wind up tighter. As with DT, the 460 will actually go faster with lower gearing allowing the engine to really spin up. I've actually been over 50 with lower gearing and no secondary silencer.

WOW!!!

You folks are FLYING!!! Now many of you are going 40 and even over 50! :devilish:

BTW, 55MPH max speed record 196cc 4-stroke engine on push-trailer for me. (beat old 52mph record of old trailer)

45.3 MPH max speed bro's 79cc 4-stroke on push trailer. (IMO more impressive than mine, being less than half the cc's of my rig)

Hands up for the 40MPH CLUB!!! w00t! :giggle:

Crazy Riding,
ZnsaneRyder :giggle:

Last edited:
My trike hits redline at about 55. Plenty of power, I've hit 53 while pulling a lightly loaded trailer. At 50+, with no suspension, I'm just surfing the high points of the road. I try to ride in the 30's.

DUDE!!!

What engine do you have?

On our ride home from Sandy Beach, Hawaii Ed and I were cruising right below 40mph for miles...in the curb lane following the "slow" drivers.

The speed limit sign said 35mph, but the flow of traffic was much faster.

I was showing 39-41 for miles on our ride today. 5-7 loaned me some gas at his house, we calculated 25:1, but my motor really liked whatever it was! Hit 49 MPH Coming into Waipahu, then had to slow down for traffic. I rolled at 47+ for most of Ft Weaver road into Ewa.

Back