over posted oil question with a twist

You have 20k miles on a CG? I find that impressing but hard to believe. I thought 10k on a huasheng was impressing.
I found the engine on the side of the road with a blown piston head, and it was seized. The electrics were also missing, but it was a stinger so I took it home and rebuilt it. Over the course of 5 years i've had 4 bike monitors and each one has broken. So now I keep track on my watch. There has been times when I didn't have a means of keeping track, and I have no way of knowing how many miles were on it before I got it. Right now I'm sitting at 19233 miles.

It is my joy to ride it. I take it out every day that it is running, and that its not raining. In the winter I put a ski on the front and a tread on the back and ride with no brakes.

Most recently I've been having trouble with the speed and torque, and apparently ever since I got it I've had a too short spark plug on it, but somehow it was able to get up hills before. Just no speed.

Now after investing almost $1000 into my bike I am starting to consider that it should be faster than 25 mph. Most notably because people keep telling me I should be flying at at least 50 mph, a speed at which I have never been on this bike. I have only been that speed on my old bike which had nitrous. That bike was stolen as was every other bike I have made.

Last edited:
Wow you guys run really oil heavy, I've been told over and over on my ported zeda to run full synthetic at 30:1 for breaking in and 40:1 to 50:1 after break in. Or if it's dino oil, roughly 20:1/30:1. Have always heard that China's recommendations stem from their lack of good quality oil, so they run oil heavy to make up for it.

I found the engine on the side of the road with a blown piston head and it was seized. the electrics were missing, but it was a stinger so i took it home and rebuilt it. over the course of 5 years i've had 4 bike monitors and each one has broken. so now i keep track on my watch. there has been times when I didn't have any means of keeping track and i have no way of knowing how many miles were on it before i got it. Right now I'm sitting at 19233
50 MPH? Are you crazy?
Get a 36 tooth sprocket if you want to.
can you look and comment on https://motoredbikes.com/threads/gt5-no-torque-low-speed.55008/
so that we don't mix conversations?

Wow you guys run really oil heavy, I've been told over and over on my ported zeda to run full synthetic at 30:1 for breaking in and 40:1 to 50:1 after break in. Or if it's dino oil, roughly 20:1/30:1. Have always heard that China's recommendations stem from their lack of good quality oil, so they run oil heavy to make up for it.
so is that 40 parts oil to 1 gallon of gas? or 40 parts gas to one ounce of oil? is it measured in ounces : gallons? or more like ml:gallon?

RatioOuncesGallons
1:1681
1:206.41
1:245.31
1:3241
this comes on every bottle of oil, and is what tricked me I see 16:1, 8 parts oil to one part gas but its backwards? so its read 16 to 1 but wrote 1:16?

so is that 40 parts oil to 1 gallon of gas? or 40 parts gas to one ounce of oil? is it measured in ounces : gallons? or more like ml:gallon?
It is ounces to ounces. 4 ounces oil to 128 ounces of gas is 1:32. there is 128 ounces in a gallon. When you do anything that demands 1 part of something per a random number of parts of something else, you usually use the same measurements. So in this case you need to use ounces on both sides.

Last edited:
It is ounces to ounces. 4 ounces oil to 128 ounces of gas is 1:32. there is 128 ounces in a gallon. When you do anything that demands 1 part of something per a random number of parts of something else, you usually use the same measurements. So in this case you need to use ounces on both sides.
makes sense

Back