Oversized Carb Tube.

bike4life

Local time
3:37 AM
Will this work?? I am not running it that long, just concerned that the tube is too big ID IS 1". I will put an adapter for 3/4 at the end for the carb just worried if this diameter of the tube has bad aerodynamics on the gas flow to the engine.

Attachments

• 743F66D3-2B75-4316-BC7E-A21B97E0BEB8.jpeg
    743F66D3-2B75-4316-BC7E-A21B97E0BEB8.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
You shouldn't have a issue might be a little hard or no issue at all to start at first but it will work you should get a nice Venturi Effect only way too know is too try

Will this work?? I am not running it that long, just concerned that the tube is too big ID IS 1". I will put an adapter for 3/4 at the end for the carb just worried if this diameter of the tube has bad aerodynamics on the gas flow to the engine.

I'd imagine that hose is most likely EPDM which is not gasoline resistant and will slowly dissolve.

As far as fluid mechanics go, there won't be much of a Venturi effect if the metal manifold you clamped on isn't narrowed or smoothed at the inside area where the hose leads to it. It is really just acting as an orifice and restricting the flow. Also too long of a manifold/runner without proper tuning will worsen performance.

Ye
I'd imagine that hose is most likely EPDM which is not gasoline resistant and will slowly dissolve.

As far as fluid mechanics go, there won't be much of a Venturi effect if the metal manifold you clamped on isn't narrowed or smoothed at the inside area where the hose leads to it. It is really just acting as an orifice and restricting the flow. Also too long of a manifold/runner without proper tuning will worsen performance.
Yeah the reason is I needed that tube is b/c I was trying to braze some copper pipe to the aluminum carb intake and that failed so I tried to stick weld them which burnt a hole through the copper and ruined the top of the intake so I had to cut a slice of it off and I decided to just hose clamp some tube on but the OD now since I cut off a large chunk of the intake was too large I needed a larger hose.

Last edited:
Back