Owners of a Robin EH025/ 35... Report

Here's an explanation of what the breather tube and return tube does. Put simply it removes hot exhaust gases from your oil. Mixes cool air back into the oil so that the oil acts as a coolant. This is why these engines can run 7000 rpm.

Last edited:
The thing is like a mini pump. Just connecting those hoses it's an invitation to a disaster. 💥🔥

All too, often I've found cheapping out will cost you more than if you'd just fixed it right to begin with.

Last edited:
Thanks all , Check valve? checking what and how , the tubes all end in this box, the bit has a tube that is open to the carb, as if to cause suction, the missing gasket seems to have a hole in it half way up . the rubber bit the check valve does not stop oil. Im going nuts i understand most mechanical things easy, but this is a rube goldberg thing.

SO oil is sent up to the valves internally, then there is the vent tube the one coming down oil comes back down? in it ?? then there is the bottom one called the return , return from where the vent? from heaven . Ive been all over the charts failing to understand

The thing is like a mini pump. Just connecting those hoses it's an invitation to a disaster. 💥🔥

All too, often I've found cheapping out will cost you more than if you'd just fixed it right to begin with.
mini pump......the rubber plunger is moved how? if at power there would be constant suction no pumping,
Answer me this oil from the top tube somehow goes into the return tube, where !?

Look on page 12, it's got a picture so you know what it looks like. Then pages 5-7 explains the oil flow system and has pictures of it.

Last edited:
mini pump......the rubber plunger is moved how? if at power there would be constant suction no pumping,
Answer me this oil from the top tube somehow goes into the return tube, where !?
No it wouldn't be a constant suction. The vacuum is created by the piston stroke. Thus for a moment in time there's a vacuum then there isn't one. Now this is happening faster than what human senses can detect. Therefore it seems constant. However, all molecules need is a mere moment in time to react. It's almost like a carburetor for your oil, so that your oil serves as a coolant along with being a lubricant.

Last edited:
Back