Owners of a Robin EH025/ 35... Report

OK one hose is to supply oil to the valves train.
Is the other hose an oil return hose? Or is the other hose a breather hose?

If ya put a CAOS breather (crankcase air oil separator) on the breather hose it won't spit oil
A CAOS holds any oil that will come from a Crankcase breather hose Then when the engine is off any oil will gravity drain back into the crankcase. Of course the CAOS has to be mounted higher than the vent.
Traditionally a crankcase breather hose just dumped any blow by oil on the ground

IDK if one will work on this engine design I have never had one.

My guess is others who have this engine should be able to have a solution for you.
Have it dump the oil on your chain.

can u explain what the 2 tubes are doing ?
It a vacuum system to help with air flow while idlin
OK one hose is to supply oil to the valves train.
Is the other hose an oil return hose? Or is the other hose a breather hose?

If ya put a CAOS breather (crankcase air oil separator) on the breather hose it won't spit oil
A CAOS holds any oil that will come from a Crankcase breather hose Then when the engine is off any oil will gravity drain back into the crankcase. Of course the CAOS has to be mounted higher than the vent.
Traditionally a crankcase breather hose just dumped any blow by oil on the ground

IDK if one will work on this engine design I have never had one.

My guess is others who have this engine should be able to have a solution for you.
I once had this problem. I had disassembled the area in question and put a check valve in backwards. When I put the valve back in the right way the problem went away.

It a vacuum system to help with air flow while idlin

I once had this problem. I had disassembled the area in question and put a check valve in backwards. When I put the valve back in the right way the problem went away.
Sounds like the solution (y)

I have found the gasket in the pix is missing , any idea where to buy one , how to make and out of what ?

Attachments

• canvas66.png
    canvas66.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 86
I have found the gasket in the pix is missing , any idea where to buy one , how to make and out of what ?
If I remember correctly the part you're missing is like a thin metal coated fiber board.

I don't think you're going to be able to make it. Staton has a used one for $4 and probably another $4 for shipping. Anytime you can fix a problem for less than $10, consider yourself lucky.

It a vacuum system to help with air flow. It looks like an air cooling system for the engine. These engines are commonly used on pumps. The orginal designers wasn't conceiving they be used on a bicycle with a 1-30+ mph air flow going across them.

You still haven't answered my 2 questions.

Which engine do you have the 25 or the 35?

Did you disassemble the area in question?
the 25cc a propane one

If I remember correctly the part you're missing is like a thin metal coated fiber board.

I don't think you're going to be able to make it. Staton has a used one for $4 and probably another $4 for shipping. Anytime you can fix a problem for less than $10, consider yourself lucky.
OK thank you but on stanton all they show is for the 35cc and from the pix it does not look JUST like the one i have . What does this gasket to do ? Does it move? like a pump? The whole thing look stupid as f , it seems the big pitch with this engine was it was a 4 cycle that could be tilted , is this what all this is to do. IF the gasket is just to seal the oil in then i could make it . The check valve is in place i never touched it , But it is not sealed so oil leaks around it
OK i am off to yell curses at the trees for a bit , Thanks to all for the Help !

Did you but it new or used
Newish .......it was bought 2nd hand but it had not been run, now i wonder how the part is missing , left out a factory , or someone poked around , Still at a loss to understand what the whole thing is really to do. Want oil to go up and back down , then just loop it

Back