OZ super coil VS stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
talking to my supplier i got a similar response in regards to the 12 volt mag as quoted below

"We can offer 12V magneto, but this need to use 12V CDI too. “

The cdi looks exactly the same

very interesting about some of these products being sold, me being one of them now!

Last edited:
If you leave the Jaguar CDI with the normal settings it comes with then with the OZ magneto you should get less high RPM because of advanced ignition timing due to the increased voltage.
But if you put both the dual switches to the on position then you should once again have the original high RPM.
Please confirm if this is correct (by your testing).
This drawing shows why higher stator coil voltage makes the spark timing happen earlier (more advanced).:
triggerV2.gif

oops the drawing isn't showing. here's its location: http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/images/triggerV2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If you leave the Jaguar CDI with the normal settings it comes with then with the OZ magneto you should get less high RPM because of advanced ignition timing due to the increased voltage.
But if you put both the dual switches to the on position then you should once again have the original high RPM.
Please confirm if this is correct (by your testing).
This drawing shows why higher stator coil voltage makes the spark timing happen earlier (more advanced).:
triggerV2.gif

oops the drawing isn't showing. here's its location: http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/images/triggerV2.gif

Yes will do.
I have some time on the weekend to play around with it

I’ll have to get a timing light sorted
I have a normal one already, can that be used?

the roo coil winding is 35 awg and around 320 meters (1049feet) which is thicker than stock. the oz coil being sold nowadays is a tad shorter, its better than stock but not as good as the original roo coil. btw, fred still has a few old roo coils left, look closely at his description as he sells both. but its kinda pricey at 65 bucks a pop last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back