p.n.w.- riders. second annual national rally, ocean park wa. 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, time trials and crazy bridge rides!!

will there be t-shirts? a name or theme? registration packets with goodies in em?

What are you thinking!!! This is not that sort of event. :D

We had a nice raffle with door prizes.....provided by the you know whos....:eek::cool:

All in good fun!!!

Date's

Hello All , Some of you know me and many do not , But I read this forum often and I was really looking forward to the first national rally last summer and introduce my Vintage Harley "Silent Grey Fellow" replica to everyone. But I go up to Ocean Shores Wa. on July 4th - Bike week on July 24 (otherwise know as Sun and Surf ), and Labor Day weekend. any other dates are fine with me .
Thanks - Jim

hey yall! everything is still in the early stages for this years shin dig, & we hope to accomadate all as best we can but we plan around local issues i.e. festivals & holiday weekends & how much traffic the locals & law enforcement can handle ect. we also plan as close as we can to the end of the world rod run for most motorhead exposure & contacts. for those who wish for a really big sales opprotunity the rod run whould be an ideal place to purchase booth space, more info on that to follow! so hang on to your pants motoredbikeres! this year promises to be better than last year for shure! the p.n.w. riders are working on it!!

I appreciate all the help and info I've gotten from the OceanPark crew, and I understand their desire to try and bend over far enough for the cops liking, (though I dont think it will get them to leave us alone) But when yall start requiring low speeds and lights and helmets and training wheels... One less Sasquatch sighting this year...

"I wanna run in the streets... I wanna be a shadow..." -Run, Neuromancer

oh, well...but since you brought it up...

a dozen riders have logged 2 years and thousands of miles without one single mb-related problem with the law...and the law will be the first to tell ya that it's because of our adult behaviors on the roads.

that self-regulation is also why we'll be able to keep growing. truth be told, the house-rules will help us keep the crowd on the mature side, another important factor if we wanna be welcome year after year.

i know we live in drastically different areas...around here, we really do know the cops by name, and we're not nervous when we talk with 'em. i wish it could be like this for all of ya's, but it could be for a week if you're willing to compromise with society...it's not difficult, and it's worth it...

look at it yet another way...the helmet and lights are a show of solidarity with yer bro/sis riders, and the solidarity contributes to a good overall image for MB'ers everywhere...again, it's worth it, imo.

let's ride! :cool:

Last edited:
I appreciate all the help and info I've gotten from the OceanPark crew, and I understand their desire to try and bend over far enough for the cops liking, (though I dont think it will get them to leave us alone) But when yall start requiring low speeds and lights and helmets and training wheels... One less Sasquatch sighting this year...

"I wanna run in the streets... I wanna be a shadow..." -Run, Neuromancer

WA state laws require lights and helmet on all two wheeled vehicles. State laws also require low speeds for these vehicles at this point...

so...this is contributing to the topic how?

our house our rules, we have a great time year round and enjoy our frequent visitors, who also have a great time. no need to change anything here, there's plenty of other places to ride. you have the right to your opinion, how come folks like you forget that others do, too? and even tho i sure do have some strong opinions about yer way of thinkin' i won't be tossing unfair adjectives at YOU. lemme just say that it seems your boycotting a "really cool event" because of a helmet and some lights is definitely your loss and not ours. some folks are not capable of seeing the big pic, some are...i wanna be doing this 5 years from now, and i'm positive there's hundreds of folks who don't have the same problems with social compromise as you. we'll be fine...but you'll always be welcome if you can find yer way to halfway for a measly coupla days.

maybe i'll start a poll about the available weekends and we can start moving forward.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just point out the implications of treating a major MB event as something that would make MB-ing "normalized" for small town America (which I think is completely unnecessary).

If I chose strong words to make that point, it's because not only my personal experiences growing up there, but Augi's statement that he wished everyone could live like him (small town, first name basis with cops, etc.). In short, I was trying to affirm a difference). MB ing is eccentric and different. That's what's so great about it!!! I just think you are approaching this event from an unnecessarily restrictive point. For example, I am sure you could find a way to accomodate vendors. I just think more is to be gained by affirming Mb-ing than trying to appease the neighbors and the jones'. And it is, personally, a buzz kill for me that this major mB event seems to be so reticent about mb-ing itself. Who cares if people do or don't want or like MB's. I just find the whole thing a bit odd.

Not sure what u mean by "unfair adjectives." I grew up there. The comments being made here simply reminded me of that social environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back