M

Mike Bart

Hey guys, I just ordered an engine for my first build. I ordered the 66/80cc flying horse from bikeberry (mainly because the state has my license for the next two years). So I was wondering what kind of road laws anyone can tell me regarding this size engine on the streets. Any and all info is a help! Thanks in advance.

Mike

Im in the same boat and i commute from philly to jersey. As far as i know, law states you need a valid license, no more than 1.5hp, no capability of going faster than 25mph and no bigger than 49cc engine.

All other bicycle laws apply.

Also, you can't ride on a route that has a speed limit of more than 35mph.

Jersey is the same, except i had a jersey cop let me go the other day with a warning saying that i needed to register the bike.

Common sense mostly. Pedal if you can in towns then cops won’t notice most of the time. Even though it’s petty if it is considered a “crime” to ride a motorized bike. Lesson of the day don’t get in a vehicle if you’re going to drink. I have a car and I’m not even old enough to drink this is a hobby for me. Don’t run stop signs and crap like the goons on YouTube either. Technically they have no way of telling whether it’s a 49cc or not on these engines most are not stamped. My bike goes 30mph with a pk80 from umoto on eBay. Take short routes and less likely of the fuzz stopping you. Even if you wanted it to be legal it would have to have the vin or whatever and a 48cc not the bigger version engine and a class c is needed in pa since they just label them mopeds instead of motorized bikes.

Last edited:
i really need to invest in a rear mirror freaks me out when someone comes zooming pass me when i dont expect it im from pa i already do short rides i got 1600km on my bike 1000 miles

Does anyone know what it takes to get one registered as a moped in pa? I know about the safety inspection thing but I’ve heard you have to have proof of everything you buy to put it together and that’s just for the vin. Then there’s fenders, headlight, taillight, horn. I also know about 49cc and the 25mph limit (crappy but whatever). Someone told me it can’t have a vin idk why he said that. The general consensus is you don’t need a plate and you can just ride them around but pa is more strict.

So far, philly doesnt seem to bother me. I know zeda offers cali plates for $65 and them you can just supposedly transfer it to your state. As far as the dui thing, it was a BS charge. It is what it is though.

Back