PA motorized bicycle loop hole (joke)

Lukesky36

Now they say you can run electric bikes all day long but gas you need a plate and a license now if you got a gas engine to power a generator to power a electric motor to power the wheel would it still be called a electric bike or a gas motor bike?

Funny you say this . in florida the law says no gas motor bikes on sidewalk or roadways . however the chief of DMV and their law department considers a motor assisted bicycle still a bicycle . the laws are silly. My plan is to tread light turn off and pedal when i see police and just be overall respectful and in hopes that if i do get pulled over they just warn me .

Will'smotobikes19

Did you get stopped? I have also heard about the moped law or whatever my question is how do you do it if they want a vin #. With a 48cc engine the white wire or a small coil can be used for an electric system.

junglepig

Now they say you can run electric bikes all day long but gas you need a plate and a license now if you got a gas engine to power a generator to power a electric motor to power the wheel would it still be called a electric bike or a gas motor bike?
Then it's a hybrid.
Or a freight train engine ;-)