PA motorized bicycle loop hole (joke)

Lukesky36

Local time
5:17 PM
Now they say you can run electric bikes all day long but gas you need a plate and a license now if you got a gas engine to power a generator to power a electric motor to power the wheel would it still be called a electric bike or a gas motor bike?

Funny you say this . in florida the law says no gas motor bikes on sidewalk or roadways . however the chief of DMV and their law department considers a motor assisted bicycle still a bicycle . the laws are silly. My plan is to tread light turn off and pedal when i see police and just be overall respectful and in hopes that if i do get pulled over they just warn me .

Did you get stopped? I have also heard about the moped law or whatever my question is how do you do it if they want a vin #. With a 48cc engine the white wire or a small coil can be used for an electric system.

Now they say you can run electric bikes all day long but gas you need a plate and a license now if you got a gas engine to power a generator to power a electric motor to power the wheel would it still be called a electric bike or a gas motor bike?
Then it's a hybrid.
Or a freight train engine ;-)

Funny you say this . in florida the law says no gas motor bikes on sidewalk or roadways . however the chief of DMV and their law department considers a motor assisted bicycle still a bicycle . the laws are silly. My plan is to tread light turn off and pedal when i see police and just be overall respectful and in hopes that if i do get pulled over they just warn me .

boom.

fake pedaling works wonders. shutting down also works wonders. there ARE a set of pedals down there. common sense can save you too. wheelies down the double yellow line,...making traffic swerve/obstructing the flow of traffic, being a dope, ridiculously loud exhausts,... these are bad, and reflect on the rest of us just trying to get to point B. having all your reflectors, lights, mirrors, and helmet in order and working make a police officer not even want to bother with a bicycle,...especially during peak traffic hours. they have expensive, revenue-generating speeding tickets to write,....not a piddly bicycle citation that might not even generate a nickel of revenue for whoever he works for,...and may well get him LAUGHED at back at the barracks.

one cop stopped me (in NY-NOT legal at all) just to eyeball my rig and tell me how cool he thought it was. and drove off.

I had to go home and change my pants.

Well if you ride like a goon then the cops are going to notice for sure. Was just in florida man its perfect for motorized bikes the only hills are slight compared to here. There's bike lanes all over but pretty scary on the side of the highway with how people ride the burm to get in front and slowly drift without blinkers.

highways suck. I will go a long, long way to avoid them. people just aren't looking for bicycles on a highway. people just aren't looking,....period. my favorite addition was a nightrider cherry bomb blinky light. it's so bright,..it's un-missable. absolutely will not ride anywhere without it.

Back