• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

painted engine

L

lotsa_mpg

I decided that before I install my latest engine, I'd throw a bit of black paint on it and polish the side covers. I also figured I'd try my hand at engraving 48cc on the clutch cover with my dremel tool. I kinda like the look of it so far except now that the covers are polished, fingerprints show up real bad on it.

L

locoWelder

sweet ! I did mine the same way but I powder coated it and I'm going to sand it off the edge of each fin

azbill

nice job
looks sweet
if you polish it and spray some clear high heat paint I think the fingerprint prob will go away

O

OldPete

Good job on the engraving of 48cc.

Wipe down the cases with WD-40 and they will stay nice.
Before long rides before road grit and tar get thrown up on the hot cylinder head. Spray a little Pam or similare product on the head. :eek:

Makes clean up super easy. Used to do that on all my air cooled road bikes.

L

lotsa_mpg

Well, it turned out ok for a first try.....but I'll need to drink less coffee before I attempt engraving free hand again. You can't go very deep in that stuff or you'll end up all the way thru. I just brush painted the red all over the engraved area, then waited three days for it to cure and sanded it off flush.

Pete

L

lotsa_mpg

Joe, I just placed a flat washer over the 48cc and c-clamped it more or less centered, then quickly whipped the dremel around the circumference of the washer. Kinda crudely done, but I didn't feel like paying a pro to do it.

Pete

iRide Customs

It's the very nice simple things that can change the look of something so much. That is awesome!