painted engine

L

lotsa_mpg

I decided that before I install my latest engine, I'd throw a bit of black paint on it and polish the side covers. I also figured I'd try my hand at engraving 48cc on the clutch cover with my dremel tool. I kinda like the look of it so far except now that the covers are polished, fingerprints show up real bad on it.

1548_Picture_013_1.jpg

1548_Picture_015_1.jpg

sweet ! I did mine the same way but I powder coated it and I'm going to sand it off the edge of each fin

nice job
looks sweet
if you polish it and spray some clear high heat paint I think the fingerprint prob will go away

Good job on the engraving of 48cc.

Wipe down the cases with WD-40 and they will stay nice.
Before long rides before road grit and tar get thrown up on the hot cylinder head. Spray a little Pam or similare product on the head. :eek:

Makes clean up super easy. Used to do that on all my air cooled road bikes.

Well, it turned out ok for a first try.....but I'll need to drink less coffee before I attempt engraving free hand again. You can't go very deep in that stuff or you'll end up all the way thru. I just brush painted the red all over the engraved area, then waited three days for it to cure and sanded it off flush.

Pete

1548_Picture_001_2.jpg

1548_Picture_006_5.jpg

Joe, I just placed a flat washer over the 48cc and c-clamped it more or less centered, then quickly whipped the dremel around the circumference of the washer. Kinda crudely done, but I didn't feel like paying a pro to do it.

Pete

Back