painting engine cylinder. will effect cooling? [ tips pix links ]

thanks, it looks better when you can see more detail. do you know how i can enlarge the pics??

jon

thanks srdavo, i took it about 75 miles yesterday, no problems, no tool kit, just a tank of gas, a spare gallon on my rack along with a little bottle of 32:1 and thats my ride for the day:cool::cool:

jon

Here is my progress thus far....check it out! :):):)

Attachments

• crome covers.jpg
    crome covers.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 478
  • Painted Engine.jpg
    Painted Engine.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 452
My Father-in-law happens to have the dream garage and almost any tool or gadget one may possibly need in order to create or make or polish just about anything. He happened to have a low power motor (1800 RPM I think) that holds a rubber wheel which holds several different types of abrassive belts. If I had to guess, it is probably 8 to 10 inches in diameter and about 2 inches wide. I started with a 220 grit belt, sanding the piece so that the score lines are all running the same direction. Once I removed the rough surface, I changed to a 320 grit belt turned the piece 90 degrees and continued sanding until my previous sanding marks were gone. I kept doing this until I got to about a 7000 grit belt. Then I moved to a buffing wheel. I used a white polishing compound until I had my mirror/chrome finish. Once I was happy with my work I finished it off with a little Flitz. Finally I applied a clear coat of high temp 500 degree engine paint to try and keep the fingerprints off it. I used the 320 grit belt to remove the black engine paint on the fins of the engine. Whalah!

Back