• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Pandering to ILLEGAL sellers

M

MotorbikeMike

Hi all, is anyone else concerned about the fact that MBc panders to the smugglers, Import smugglers, and Assembly Smugglers (yes your buddy Dax, who has ALREADY been turned in to the EPA by Don Grube Himself)? Do any of you worry that the government, so slow to act, may grab his records and come to your house demanding fines and "Blood Money"?

I Do Not Approve of the Chicken Shirt Magic Carpet Ride that D A M N able Japs pulled on our whole country, HOWEVER I WILL NOT abide the practice of purchasing, yes and even Promoting a bunch of smugglers!!!

Shall we next then figure out who amoung the Colombian Cartels that we prefer, and we can tell the newbies which brand of cocaine to buy? And, if you want more power (who doesn't) which Heroin might be the purest?

Am I overreacting? Well I run, and have run, since nearly the begginning a clean honest business, and the freakin government has removed my right to operate legally, and yet I see all this carp go on?

What do you think? How would you feel if you were me? Would you enbrace the Smugglers and thieves? Thieves you sat??? Yes, good grief what the H E L L do you think happens to any legitimate business when the D A M N able smugglers take over with thier pirating ways?

I will be at the Whiz-in for a couple days, so make comments, I encourage them, but I will respond probably sunday late.

ALL-AMERICAN Mike

G

gone_fishin

i don't pander...i would have been just as adamant about someone attacking you without facts.

please, get over the economics here, we know where you stand...this about riders and riding...these happy-times aren't long for the market, we all know it...i'm content to wait it out and make the best of what i have to work with right now.

G

gone_fishin

look, it's ok to bring it on, but don't make me the enemy here...

this private area was created for the "what's next" and not so much for the "what sucks right now"...i understand your feelings, but chill a bit when talking about the populace, because MBc-itself is trying very hard to be progressive.

iRide Customs

Mike, why are you hammering these guys so bad? Whay are you hammering MBc so bad?

P.S.

If I asked for another 48cc round head or any other Chinese engine, would you still sell to me or should I go elsewhere? Just asking. Haven't you capitalized by "smuggling"? I recall sending you $300.00 for a non-American engine and you never said you wouldn't take my money because it was illegal.

Sincerely another all-American,

Dan

M

MotorbikeMike

My stand on engines

Hi I am who I am, and Augi certainly knows that, but Dan, you are kinda new to me, NO i did not sell you a smuggled kit, I bought as much as I could afford and had them shipped, late 05, I have nothing illegal, and would not transfer the burden of illegal products to unknowing customers, when my kits are gone, and no legal kits exsist for me to accquire, I will not have them to sell!

This is a very big part of why I beacme a Whizzer Dealer, and embrace the DOT legal Whizzer product.

I want you-all to know where I stand, and I can explain more when I get back, but I do not, and will not knowingly, sell illegal merchandise.

I'm about to pull out in my 1980 Econoline, with my 1974 Ajax utility trailer in tow, loaded with wifey's whizzer, my 09, the first 10, and 2 Whizzer motorbikes that I hope do sell.

Dan, I'm glad to do business with you on a purely legal basis, I wish all was cheaper, but I hope to be able to show you where I stand. I bought from Don Grube, and american in China, and paid mote, for a product that was better (he gets a big cut), and I felt it was worth it. I hope to continually to get better.

More later,

Mike

iRide Customs

...NO i did not sell you a smuggled kit, I bought as much as I could afford and had them shipped, late 05, I have nothing illegal, and would not transfer the burden of illegal products to unknowing customers, when my kits are gone, and no legal kits exsist for me to accquire, I will not have them to sell!

...but I do not, and will not knowingly, sell illegal merchandise.

... I bought from Don Grube, and american in China, and paid mote, for a product that was better (he gets a big cut), and I felt it was worth it. I hope to continually to get better.

More later,

Mike
First let me say I like you and enjoyed our lengthy conversation we had when I was deciding which kit to purchase from you.

Secondly, if the kits are illegal now doesn't that make what you sell illegal even if purchased in '05? How many kits do you have left? Which kits do you have left and are you going to discount them so you can wash your hands of the filthy little things?

Thirdly, Don might be American but you capitalized from a Chinese product purchased from China. You say you're all-American now, were you not back in '05 when you purchased all these Chinese kits?

Lastly, have you ever shopped at Wal-Mart? 99% of what they sell there is foriegn.

Don't get me wrong here Mike, I do like you and I am not ****ed at you or trying to stir up **** but I just want some clarification why you're now bashing something that you capitalized from. Seems a little hypocritical.

Dan

iRide Customs

P.S.

I hope you have a great time at the Whiz-in and make sure to post all the pics and video! Let us know how you do on sales of the Whizzers too.

Dan

G

gone_fishin

not to get between you 2, please do continue:
to help clarify while mike's out having fun (and hopefully making some money)...the importing itself became an issue...any existing items are grandfathered in. dax won't ever say so even to me, but i know he's an "engine parts" importer...my only concern at MBc is how he conducts himself here, and he does finer than fine in that area. his customers are happy because he usually just tosses a warranty replacement at them and that's why folks support him i believe.

more edit: mike, you don't believe don cares about the environment or usapolicy, do you? i believe it's only about manipulating the market to his own advantage. he can still kiss my poor-A S S!!!

iRide Customs

Augie, feel free to join...I thought this was an open forum. Mike has directed some comments toward MBc ya know.

Dan

G

gone_fishin

i addressed 'em, too, see my first reply...i don't intend to steer too hard about the ban and smugglers, it will work itself out by coming to a head soon i think...MBc is completely capable of going with the flow, MBc members may have a bit of a hard time making the switch. i can tell the difference...if ol mikey continues to equate everything WITH MBc-proper, then i guess i still have a stake in the topic.

what i meant was it seems like y'all need a bit of room for this one