Pannier mounted motor

Shaun boy

Local time
10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just built my first motorised bike using an 80cc motor and a trek hybrid. It's working great but the bike is a bit knackered. I tried it on a dirt trail and it was really bumpy, so I would like to remount it on a proper mountain bike.

I have a trek xcalibre 8 I'd like to put it on but there is no way I'll be able to fit the motor inside the frame. But its a great bike and reckon it will be awesome with a motor on.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience of mounting the engine on a pannier rack or alternative method. Cheers

There are some mentions of a motorized bmx with a rear mounted engine. You'd have to do a search around those terms.
I think it isn't a great solution, personally. The best place for an engine is in the middle.

I thought about it too, but the hard part is it needs a solid V which needs some tricky fabrication. You could start with one of those OCC 2 stroke chopper mounts since they bolt on to a flat tube. it has to be stiff, so parts from a 4 stroke rack mount could get you close,,
I'd love to put a rear mount CG on and regular frame mounted for a wicked monstrosity hahaha
people have mounted generators back there, so...

Back