parts bike

crabdance

Local time
4:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I found me a parts bike that I can get for 10 or 15 dollars. There's a guy down the street that has it leaning up against his storage shed and I asked him about it the other day so I think I'm going to buy it. I bent another back rim so it will be worth it just for that.

I have a hint/tip for anyone about the chain tensioner. If you can get it to go down instead of up you will save you a lot of grief if it ever gets loose. That's how I killed my current rim. The tensioner gave way and went into the spokes when I was trying to start it. (just the pedaling part). So if you can point your tensioner down you might save yourself some heartache. I don't know if all bikes can do this but I saw a picture of one that was setup like that.

tanks,
cd

I welded my tensioner bracket onto the frame to fix that problem.Also get rid of the plastic wheel and replaced it with a roller blad wheel that I cut a groove in.It has roller bearings and helped quiet thing down doing that.

Roller Blade?

Dude! That roller blade idea is cool. Could you post pictures? I had trouble with my tensioner and I tightened it down and then tapped a small screw into the arm to hold it from twisting. However, I REALLY don't trust it for what I want to eventually do with this (ride to work 1-3 times a week at 40miles one-way). I've been thinking about a sprocket but I wanted bearings. The roller blade wheel sounds ideal!

Back