Parts for 7G ghost racer belt dive

Press 904 Go back and look at post #5. This shaft assy you are considering mounts on the back side of the transmission casting and the one you have now mounts on the front side. If you have a 7G Ghost Racer the 4 bolts do not go all the way through. If you have a 8G Knight Rider they do and you can see the 4 nuts. Problem being .........there is NOT a flat machined surface on the backside to mount the shaft assy. to and the BIG question is...........does the shaft stick out in the front far enough to align your 100T pulley correctly? The GruBee casting is completely different. That's why I'm not sure their 100T 4G pulley will work on my 7G.

I stated the shaft assy. you're considering has a freewheel on the 10T sprocket. I was wrong, it does not. There is NO keyway in this sprocket and it is secured to the shaft only by the allen set screw which must be aligned with the slot in the shaft. Maybe you can use your original 10T sprocket which does have a slot. It should be the same I.D.

Depending on what I do in the future with my 7G I might end up with a complete shaft assy just like yours. I would make you a deal.
BTW what went wrong to make you look for a new one?

I failed to consider this. IF the largest part if Grubee' shaft assy will fit through the hole in your case you could simply take it all apart and reassemble it with the shaft reversed. Then you could mount it on the inside of your case. If forever what reason the shaft will not work in this reassembled configuration, then maybe, you could reuse your original shaft. Unless it is destroyed. Please keep us up to date on your endeavor here.

to Diesel Tech : After asking GruBee about putting a 4G 100T pully on a 7G trany, here's his reply...........

DON GRUBE​

9:19 AM (8 hours ago)

to me

No Fit, we only sell our replacement parts for our own GruBee 4G Transmissions.

So, why doesn't it fit? You know Don isn't going to tell us why. This is probably the standard answer you will get because they want to sell their 4G design and a complete unit. Now I really can't wait to inspect mine and compare it to yours, but there's still snow on the ground here and I work outside on my bike.

Back