Parts jamming break lines

Matt Barrack

Local time
5:52 AM
So I see a lot of projects done on bikes with the break lines going under the top tube. Mine are on the top and when I bolt my fuel tank on, it presses on the cables and screws up my breaks and my gear shifter. Anything I can do?

put two tall skinny spacers up there between the lines for the tank to sit on, otherwise, you'll have to replace them with new lines that have real outers all the way down and can be hung under tank

892405_296266103839796_1907775910_o.jpg

I didn't take the pic but it illustrates a good way to get around the issue.

cut a piece of pipe about an inch or two long - split it lengthwise into a couple pieces about 1/2 inch wide - stick them to top bar of frame between the two cables with double-sided tape right where the tank mounts are (if three cables use 4 really skinny pieces so middle cable passes thru between)

cut a piece of pipe about an inch or two long - split it lengthwise into a couple pieces about 1/2 inch wide - stick them to top bar of frame between the two cables with double-sided tape right where the tank mounts are (if three cables use 4 really skinny pieces so middle cable passes thru between)
thanks.

Back