Parts pile

I can tell that this site is goig to play heck with my spare time. I was looking at my parts pile today, thinking about paring it down some. It got a bit crumpled while I was plowing snow this winter. And there, lurking in the corner, the next major drain on my time. Now where was that pile of weed whackers? Tomorrow I'll pull it out of there and take a good look at it.

Attachments

• .2_1.jpg
    .2_1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 736
  • .1_1.jpg
    .1_1.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 607
Check this web site out.Someone on there should be able to help you identify it. thecabe.com

I need a bike parts mountain in my back yard. Alaska must be a cool place to live. All of them wrecked bikes are from people who got new bikes and wiped out on the ice.

My first 3-wheel project

The parts pile is an amazing and amusing thing. I run a sanitation transfer station and junk yard here. People pay me $.13 a lb. to take thier bikes. I get 3 or 4 a year that just need a little oil on the chain and air in the tires. I give those to people that need 'em.
It ended up that the "correct tool" wasnt sufficient to extract the broken axle. I had to find another way. Fortunately, I'm not planing to reuse the bearings. I figure I'll lace another rim onto the hub I have, and I'll figure out how to attach a 24" rear wheel to the side with the broken axle and missing hub. I'm planing on using a friction drive in the begining, but I might want gears over there in the long run. I am concerned about stability. There isn't anything for the outside end of the axle to connect to. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0002_1.jpg
    IMG_0002_1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0005_1.jpg
    IMG_0005_1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0007_1.jpg
    IMG_0007_1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 273
Hi
I am presently building my first trike also, having started about a month ago.
Have built appprox 20 motorized 2 wheelers but have never even seen or ridden a trike.
Did lots of homework prior to starting and have accumulated over 200 pics of different trike designs, axle setups, etc.
Have them in an album on My SPACE at the moment .
Might be helpful.
Good luck
~Haggard
http://http://schithawks.spaces.live.com/?lc=4105
theres a couple different photo albums click on the trike designs album

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Haggard
That address doesn't seem to take me anywhere. Perhaps something about the setup on my computer.

I have a parts pile (no insane bike kustomizer/builder should be without one!) But the yard nazis came along, so now it is with all my other parts and such 45 mimnutes away. Kinda stinks, because now if I need a part, i can't just go in the back yard and dig around, I have to waste gas and time driving to get it.
Dang ol' nosey (Mrs. Kravitz) neighbor...!
Parts piles and spare bikes are invaluable IMHO.
I don't recognize that trike frame/make at all, but it looks like a fun project!!!
Hey if you get the chance there's a great book out there called 'Atomic Zombies Bike Builder's Bonanza'
I got mine from the local Border's, but it's available on Amazon too. I highly recomend it to anyone into odd, cool, kustom homebuilt bikes...

heheheh...

I have a hammer just like that. I call it my Huffy universal alignment tool. works everytime!

ROTFLM(backside)O!!!!!!
That's great!!! I should go to harbor freight to buy a big hammer then attach one of my old Huffy headbages to it, for humorous display effect in the shop!!!
Oh that's rich...!:p

I was looking at the parts of the trike while I mused about how I'll attach the rear left wheel. I decided that I didn't like the forks on the trike. It has a 7" head, so it took a bit of looking to find one that would fit. (Yes, it was on the bottom of the pile). The new forks give me a 26" front wheel (rear wheels are 24") and have braze ons to acomodate new brakes. The front brake is the only one it'll have, so I want it to work well. The rear wheel I laced last night looks good so far. It still needs some tightening. We'll see how long it stays true.

While I was digging in the parts pile, I found a nice big cushy sprung seat for my TREK. Bonus.

Attachments

• .5_1_1.jpg
    .5_1_1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 219
  • .5_2_1.jpg
    .5_2_1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 226
  • .5_3_1.jpg
    .5_3_1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 246
Slooowly but surely

It has wheels. The motor drive wheel is just tacked on. I need to come up with a bracing system. I have it in my mind. I just need to do some cutting and welding. It's tough to find the time to work on it. Oops. I was going to post some pictures of it, but I think I broke the server. Oh well. Later.

Back