Patent searching can be fun......

Interesting looking around these patents.Some seemed too simple to patent...guess not.
Dunno much about how it works but to take out a full patent it costs heaps doesn't it,and to take out a provisional patent it's cheap.
There must be a great deal of waisted money tied-up on hopeless patents that are never used and simply left to expire....others are excellent ideas but are just not recognised.
Does anyone have more accurate/simplified info on this?
If only someone could pattent a 200cc engine so it fits into a 50cc bicycle frame,now that's something....i'de buy it.

If only someone could pattent a 200cc engine so it fits into a 50cc bicycle frame,now that's something....i'de buy it.

Nah 2+ HP is plenty for a bike. The only issue lots of motorized bikes have is the lack of gearing. If high end sports cars had only one gear I bet a happytime kit could beat it off the line since you could at least peddle. I think lots of the early racing motorcycles had not too much more displacement than our little engines but they could really haul arse because they had many gears.

Back to the topic I saw this 4 person 49cc 4 wheel "bike" on the staton website http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2443
It would be really tempting to get if I had somebody else who would want to ride it with me. Looks like it has a lot of potential with the right owner and its really cheap for whats essentially a car replacement. I wonder how much the cops would tweak out about it though...

that is a weird set up

i have one of those 4 wheel bikes comming this summer for free and this funky 3 wheel bike from my friend that has a bike shop and im helping him clean all the junk out of his yard

Back to the topic I saw this 4 person 49cc 4 wheel "bike" on the staton website http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2443
It would be really tempting to get if I had somebody else who would want to ride it with me. Looks like it has a lot of potential with the right owner and its really cheap for whats essentially a car replacement. I wonder how much the cops would tweak out about it though...

Now that looks really useful. As you say it could be a really ideal family car replacement. A good social way for 4 friends to go on a cycle touring trip together too.

I did some searches and found my Dad's 4 patents...having read them, I still don't understand that well, but I sure appreciated having a roof over my head and food to eat.

Back